Il Magnifico is not de Luxe.
As some contributors before me, I was disappointed discovering the reality .
Five stars go to the staff. Really trying hard to be helpful and good professionals .
Rooms are clean and spacious . A courtesy kit is provided and the balcony has a charming sea view .
Breakfast is rich . The swimming pool small but pretty useful in hot summer .
For the "cahier des doleances" I`d underline the following :
- moquette old and dirty ;
- the bathroom needs some urgent refreshing .Shower handheld is a real minus . Furnitures were undoubtely deluxe..but some years ago ;
- TV screen pretty small ;
- no courtesy water bottles. No one is obliged but it would it be pretty appreciated with this temperature ;
- canape was broken ;
- walls too thin . A big minus especially when your neighbours have a 6 months old happily screaming baby ; escpecially when the baby decides to prove his crying skills everyday at 6.00 am ;
- location few hundreds metres from the city center . But the access to the the marina is not that easy , especially uphill with no sidewalk and under over 35 Celsius ;
- difficult to find . Almost hidden and not well advertised on the road ;
- breakfast should be personalised. Especially for a 4 starts in Italy. serving some local food wouldn`t be a mistake .
- last but not least , the ratio quality / price is at least 20% unbalanced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The rooms and suites with free and fast Wi-Fi, fully renovated in 2011 with refined furnishings and carefully chosen colours, impress with their discreet luxury. Spacious bathrooms and lounges full of daylight with their own furnished balcony, create an atmosphere of coziness and relaxation Provided with all amenities the rooms are classed in Classic, Junior Suite, Junior Suite Major, with whirlpool bath and the Large Major Suite with a separated large living-room. Family rooms are available, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Swiss International Il Magnifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss International Il Magnifico Elba Island/Marciana Marina, Italy