The only good thing about this place is the location high above the ocean at the western tip of Elba near Sant'Andrea. Still, the location alone does not compensate all the negative aspects, such as
- primitive room (uncomfortable bed, furniture looks like a teenager room from the early seventies, no pictures just a fire escape plan on the wall) and bathroom (miniture), super clairaudient!
- The terraces (in itself nice with a nice view onto the ocean) have no privacy since the sides to the neighborings terraces are open, no good to relax with everybody else watching and listening.
- terrible Restaurant with waiting room asmosphere, way too bright neon lights and disturbingly loug humming ice cream counter (the humming never stops)
- unfriendly / unintestrested / owners who spend the day sleeping in front of the TV, obvioulsly feeling disturbed by guests coming to the reception
- Food ranges from solala to terrible, side dish (vegetable out of the bag) has been served ice cold on all three nights.
- English spoken only between 3.00 pm - 10.00 pm (by one ermployee), otherwise bad luck! No German at all to my knowledge.
The pictures on the internet are deceiving, there is a reason why the bathrooms are not shown anywhere...
It seems cheap (60 € p.P./N incl. half board but considering the nasty food and terrible rooms it's not even worth half this price!
There are much better options in Sant'Andrea which are just slightly more expensive, so don't waste your time and money at the Hotel Oleandro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel L'Oleandro is a simple but enchanting hotel, situated on a small hill at 50 meters over the sea, at the Cotoncello, very near to Capo Sant'Andrea. The panorama is simply fantastic - 'a the terrace over the tuscan arcipelago' - Corsica, the Capraia island, the tuscan coast line are there, just in front of you, giving this sensation of absolute well-being and relax. The transparent and crystal clear sea is less than 100 meters away and can be reached over a small private path through the mediterranean macchia vegetation, or following the small street direction Sant'Andrea, at just 400 meters there is the beautiful small Cotoncello beach with its gorgeous cliffs, and from there with a small walk of a few minutes you can reach the sandy beach of Sant'Andrea. The hotel offers Bed & Breakfast or Half Board accommodation. In the morning our breakfast is served inside or on the panoramic terrace during the warmer months with a rich buffet. For dinner our kitchen offers genuine mediterranean dishes with fresh fish and meat and the choice between 3 starters, 3 main dishes, 2 side dishes and deserts. Our 16 rooms are simple but welcoming, all with independent entrance, large terraces (equipped with table, chairs, deck chiars and sun umbrella) or balconies with sea view, private baths, TV, hair-dryer and air-conditioning. The hotel is also the ideal departure place for those who love trekking, in fact, numerous walks through the beauties of the 'National Park of the Tuscan Archipelago' simply start here, or for those who are fans of snorkeling: the small pebble beach just under the hotel can be the beginning of fantastic excursions along our coast... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your L'Oleandro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- L'Oleandro Elba Island/Marciana, Italy