The only good thing about this place is the location high above the ocean at the western tip of Elba near Sant'Andrea. Still, the location alone does not compensate all the negative aspects, such as
- primitive room (uncomfortable bed, furniture looks like a teenager room from the early seventies, no pictures just a fire escape plan on the wall) and bathroom (miniture), super clairaudient!
- The terraces (in itself nice with a nice view onto the ocean) have no privacy since the sides to the neighborings terraces are open, no good to relax with everybody else watching and listening.
- terrible Restaurant with waiting room asmosphere, way too bright neon lights and disturbingly loug humming ice cream counter (the humming never stops)
- unfriendly / unintestrested / owners who spend the day sleeping in front of the TV, obvioulsly feeling disturbed by guests coming to the reception
- Food ranges from solala to terrible, side dish (vegetable out of the bag) has been served ice cold on all three nights.
- English spoken only between 3.00 pm - 10.00 pm (by one ermployee), otherwise bad luck! No German at all to my knowledge.
The pictures on the internet are deceiving, there is a reason why the bathrooms are not shown anywhere...
It seems cheap (60 € p.P./N incl. half board but considering the nasty food and terrible rooms it's not even worth half this price!
There are much better options in Sant'Andrea which are just slightly more expensive, so don't waste your time and money at the Hotel Oleandro
- Also Known As:
- L'Oleandro Elba Island/Marciana, Italy