Gosh - not sure where to start with this review - everything was so great! The hotel is a 5 minute stroll from Malcesine centre which is vibrant enough to have some atmosphere but still has a relaxed vibe to it.
The hotel itself is set in tranquil, well kept gardens with plenty of sunbeds around so you can lie in the dappled shade under the trees or around the pool in the full sun, or you can choose to sit above the poolside in the comfy chairs looking out at the lake.
Inside, the hotel is spotless - I'm a bit of a stickler for cleanliness and I certainly couldn't find anything to complain about. The decor is well designed and thought through and has a very contemporary feel to it thoughout.
We had a suite which I highly recommend - so light and airy and we had a lovely balcony and views of the lake. The bed was 2 singles zipped together on an adjustable frame, so was very big and we had great fun with the remote control! It just felt like everything had been thought of, even down to the fact that the shutter on the patio doors (which meant total black out, so no being woken up at 4am with the rising sun) was controlled by a switch at the bedside, so you can see what the weather is like without moving from your bed.
Once out of bed, the breakfast is just amazing. Everything you could possibly want is on offer - including Prosecco for those in want of some bubbles. The owner and her staff quietly keep the buffet area topped up, so if you come down later on you still have as much selection as if you'd been there first thing. The fruit was beautiful and the creme patiserie filled pastries were heaven on a plate.
The staff are all very helpful and speak excellent English and German. The facilities were good - though the gym can't be used before 10am (a bit of a pain if you prefer to get your exercise done and out of the way so you can relax for the rest of the day) and the sauna is 'no clothes allowed' so be brave fellow Brits!!
All in all I'd definitely recomend this hotel - we had a wonderful stay and very much hope to be back in the future. Thank you Casa Barca, keep it up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa Barca, which was completely renovated in 2007, lies embedded in an olive grove of 4500 square meters and it is only a stone's throw away from the historic old town and the lake. The guests can enjoy the privilege of a rejuvenating and relaxing atmosphere.The modern design is the perfect starting point for a holiday under the motto of comfort and physical wellness.Our new health spa will help you to make your dreams come true. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Expedia, WINTRADE S.R.L., Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Wellness Hotel Casa Barca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Albergo Casa Barca Wellness
- Wellness Hotel Casa Barca Malcesine, Lake Garda, Italy