“Great Location with Clean & Simple Accommodation” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Sirena
Viale Roma 4, 37018 Malcesine, Italy   |
Ranked #25 of 73 Hotels in Malcesine
Cambridge
“Great Location with Clean & Simple Accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Just stayed a week at this lovely hotel on the lake garda shoreline. We booked this direct with the hotel. The hotel staff were very welcoming on our arrival and looked after us throughout our wonderful stay. This is a family run hotel and Elisabetta's husband even did the airport transfer for us both ways. We had asked for a terrace / balcony, lake view, ensuite etc and this is exactly what we got. We were given Room 24 which is 3rd floor (top) on the right. It has a terrace approx 4.5m sq, with all the views you have been waiting for. The room also has a double aspect with French doors onto the terrace. This could be the best room the hotel has to offer, as room 25 (next door) also on the 3rd floor on the left is slightly smaller, but with a similar terrace and fantastic views. As everybody has said the location is ideal, great for watching the ferries coming and going. Very short walk into the centre and the small harbour. Used the newly revamped decking every day for the daily swim which we're missing already. I'd read that the sockets were in short supply in other rooms, ours had a couple, one high for the TV, but usable, the other by the bedside cabinet. To get over the issue of no aircon, left the French doors open & shutters up, curtains closed, seemed to work ! But it was July and in the 30's during the day. The bar seemed to be open a little later than 10.00pm that had been mentioned. Would definitely use this hotel his again and recommend to others, as it is very clean, has great location with fantastic views and the staff are there to make your stay enjoyable. Simon & Elaine

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
blaydon on tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

hotel in an idyllic spot for relaxing by the lake. fabulous decking area to the rear.
owners very pleasant,helpful throughout stay -nothing a problem.
rooms clean /pleasant and functional.
Having stayed in other resorts i would say that Malcesine is the best overall for variety
excellent value for money.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

I spent a week staying at the Hotel Sirena, and while the hotel had it's good points, I was really disappointed. I had booked a single room, and while I expected this to be small, I was shocked at just how small it was - the bed was substantially smaller then a standard single bed, there was nearly no storage for anything (most of my clothes ended up being kept in the suitcase under the bed) and the room was so narrow I could touch both walls at the same time, and I'm not very tall!!

There was only one electrial socket in the whole room, and it was about 7ft up the wall - I searched every inch of the room (which admittedly only took a minute or so......), even squeezed myself under the bed trying to find more sockets but there was definitely only one!!!

The breakfast was fairly disappointing, only bread, cold meat, cereal or one flavour of yogurt - the travel company and hotel were both informed that I have coeliacs disease (I can't have wheat at all), but I wasn't offered any alternatives, so ended up having yogurt every day.

On the plus side, the hotel was in a great location, and the decking was a really nice touch. Unfortunately, this wouldn't be enough to make me want to return to the Hotel Sirena, and while I appreciate that there may have been nicer rooms, I wouldn't want to risk it.

• Stayed July 2009
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

Just home from a wonderful holiday in Malcesine staying in the Hotel Sirena.

The hotel is in a brilliant location with a wonderful terrace on the lake where you can sunbathe, watch the ferries coming and going, and just enjoy the brilliant views.

The rooms were small but spotlessly clean and had a big balcony, safe etc.

Breakfast was good, everything you need to start the day.

Hotel for us was brilliant, we couldn't fault a thing, owners were really friendly and in my opinon couldn't do enough for us. The bar is open until about 10pm, where you can enjoy a lovely glass of prosecco or wine watching the sunset.

Wish I was still there!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

We have just returned from Malcesine, we stayed at the Hotel Sirena a small family run hotel. It was clean, good breakfast and boasted a new sun terrace complete with jacuzzi. The hotels location was excellent. We got married in the castle thanks to the fab team in the Lake Garda Weddings office. The staff were brill and the attention to detail was outstanding ! Anyone thinking about doing this should have no doubt they will take care of everything. We had a meal in the Al Pace after and thanks to Sergio and his team it was a perfect end to an amazing day.

Germania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

We go to the Hotel Sirena at least 3 times/year.
The hotel has a perfect location (close to everything), it's very clean, has parking (which is essential when you go by car to Malcesine), the staff is friendly, the breakfast is good and from this year the terrace outside, on the lake, has been renewed. It's much bigger than before and has a very relaxing jacuzzi.
I was reading some reviews and found some are kind of unfair so that's why I decided to write my opinion too. For example, I never had problems to charge my cell phone, I didn't even know that this is not allowed, never saw any notice on the room... the hotel bar is supposed to close at 22h (which is understandable for a little hotel) but normally stays open till around 23h, sometimes longer if there's people consuming there. The prices are ok, didn't change since 2007, as far as I could note.
It's normal that you can't consume drinks that you brought from outside in the hotel bar when they sell the same there and also normal that you have to pay to get ice for a drink that you didn't buy there. I mean, at least I have seen this before in other hotels around the world, in Brazil to give a name.
About air conditioner.... when you book the hotel, you know there's no air conditioner.... plus when you go to Italy in spring/summer you expect to have some good and warm weather, don't you?? I do!! Otherwise I could stay home, in the cold, grey and rainny Germany....

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Heywood, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

The hotel sirena is a very clean,well decorated hotel in a prime location right on the banks of beautiful Lake Garda,just yards away from the centre of Malcesine .An ideal spot if you want a quiet holiday.Although only 2 star rated,one or two of the in-house prices do not reflect thisand nobody seems to be striving for an upgrade to 3stars or better.the hotel amentities are finished about 10pm--no tea,coffee or alchol,so a drink in your mini-bar?Sorry not available.a bedtime tea or coffee then?Sorry not allowed in your bedroom-even if you supply your own equiptment!!The hotel rules stipulate you cannot use, in fact the only thing you can plug in is an electric shaver,so if you want to re-charge your mobile phone you have to cheat a little.Maybe bring a bottle of the finest local Italian wine back to drink in the midnight hour?Well if you ordered some ice before the 10pm lockdown ,it will now be just cool water as the hotel has no thermal ice buckets-- just jugs!!And the ice?not gratis but one euro for 5 cubes (Thats 4 shillings per cube to those of us who remember proper money)So if you do want a quiet holiday youve hit the bullseye-------- in conclusion,the hotel is without air-conditioning,but you do get a big fan ----unfortunatly I am not one of them !!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Sirena? Share your experiences!