“Food Lovely, Location Superb, Service.....” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 81 Restaurants in Malcesine
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
southampton
“Food Lovely, Location Superb, Service.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My sister recently held her wedding reception dinner at La Pace (last Friday actually). Luckily the weather was lovely so all 37 of us were able to sit outside.

On arrival at the restaurant, we received glasses of Prosecco on the shore of Lake Garda which was a nice touch (the lady handing these out was very nice and friendly, lovely big smiles).

From what I understood, my sister and her husband had written out a table plan and arranged where everyone would sit. However, when we arrived this was not the case and for the next 20 minutes or so getting everyone seated was a bit of a to do. I did feel for the other diners in the restaurant as we were moving about here and there, all trying to fit onto 2 long tables that were really crammed in.

Finally seated, we received our first course of meats/melon/bruschetta/prawn cocktail. This was absolutely delicious!! Apart from the prawn cocktail (not keen on fish) I cleared my plate and even helped myself to someone else's who didn't like the antipasti. The children received a plate of pasta.

The wine (red/white and rose) was lovely!! I had a bit of all three (separate glasses of course) and I was really surprised at how good each of them were...

Second course was a square of lasagne. This was lovely and warm and tasted gorgeous, again a clear plate...Children at this point were given their mains, which consisted of chicken (beaten flat) covered in breadcrumbs and chips.

Third course was a plate of pasta. Presentation could have been much better, as it was literally a dollop of pasta (in sauce) on a plate, it didn't look very appetising although the pasta was cooked well and was quite tasty.

Fourth course was a choice of either fish or steak. I believe the fish was swordfish. It was quite funny watching the dishes come out as there was no metric system used when the meat/fished was served. Some people had huge bits, some people had very small portions, whoever was cutting in the kitchen had no idea!!

For dessert, my sister and her husband received a huge beautiful wedding cake (which had small fireworks coming out of it and looked visually stunning). The staff then proceeded to cut up the cake and serve as dessert (to other people in the restaurant as well, not just to the wedding party). The cake was delicous but at the point, it was just too rich and I was full.

Finally coffee, lemoncella and grappa were served. Lemoncella was lovely, the grappa could have peeled paint off the walls.

Service at the restaurant was good. It must have been difficult serving so many people, but this restaurant is used for wedding receptions quite often, so they should be used to dealing with so many people. The waiters were friendly and courteous although towards the end of the night, if you left your seat, you found your chair being taken away and the tidying up being done around you. They even cleared away (with the laundry) my son's waistcoat which took a while for them to find...

I am not sure of the value of this restaurant as my sister and her husband paid, but I know for certain it wasn't cheap!

My only niggly issues were;

The fact the table settings weren't done, this would have saved time and caused less stress on the bride/groom.
We really were crammed in with no space between other.
Horrible smelly cigar smoke being blown over all through the meal, dirty looks didn't do anything!
The staff didn't appear very professional, they were friendly enough but little things could have been improved.

Overall, good quality food in a nice setting. I think the bride/groom chose well, I just wish a few things could have been tweaked to make me give this 5 star rating.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Fantastico food and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

on returning from our honeymoon, one of the highlights of our trip was visiting this little restaurant on a number of occasions whther it be for food or just a drink. The food was lovely and the staff couldn't be more helpful, especially Mohammad. It always seemed to have a great atmosphere with a gorgeous view across the lake both day and night. Well worth a visit!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Ristorante La Pace”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

A lovely lake front restaurant (although the terrace was full so we ate inside). Our party consisted about 16 ladies on a pre-wedding last night hen do tagging along 2 babies and a toddler. Seating was a little cramped with 2 buggies to site and the service was a bit slow. Staff were friendly but they served hot food over the table and across children which we found a bit of a worry. The food was ok, a couple of dishes were done wrong and had to go back but in the end it was all good.

Prague, Czech Republic
“Great food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Find this little square, a little bit hidden from the main square, and you will be rewarded by beautiful atmosphere along with prompt service and great food.

South Wales
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The staff are fantastic and so welcoming. The food is fabulous and the views are oustanding. I would highly recommend this venue