“Truly amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Maiori
London, United Kingdom
“Truly amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I was here in the last week of May, my room had a sea front view from the balcony, overlooking the hills, and the numerous lemon groves as well as candy coloured houses scattered along the hill, absolutely beautiful. An amazing hotel, I found it was the the best location to travel along the coast in either direction.The staff are friendly and kind and always accommodating to requests. The holiday was made special because of the hotel, I also had the opportunity to attend a yoga and meditation class with was incredibly special. The rooms were clean and spacious and the food was fresh and delicious. I would recommend this hotel 100 times over and I will definitely stay here again when I visit the Almalfi coast. Thank you for being an integeral part of a trip I will never forget. Mariam :)

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are by the road so you may hear traffic at times, but the view is breath taking and a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Mariam,

Thank you for staying with us and for appreciating our facilities. Your comments will be shared with all the staff and with Sati Anna, who kindly invited you to the Yoga Class. Surely the memory of your trip on the Amalfi Coast and the stay at the Pietra di Luna Hotel will last long, and we all look forward to welcome you back.
Regards,

(Hotel Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My friend and I stayed for the first week in June to attend a wedding in Maiori. The Pietra di Luna is a spacious and clean hotel. The room we had was a corner front, so the balcony had a sea view and a side view of the hills. The rooms are basic but perfectly functional. Unfortunately no air conditioning until mid June - we could have done with it though as there is a lot of noise from the early hours with the doors open for ventilation and it's been a very hot week. As per other reviews the mattress' are on the hard side. Took me one night to adjust and then it was fine. In fact, my back feels great for it now!
The staff have all been friendly enough and helpful. Dont say ciao to the room maid before you get to know her though, she doesn't like it!
My only real criticism of the Pietra di Luna is the decor. It's desperately in need of some modernisation. It's great for the older guests but as a 32 year old I really appreciated the modern approach of other hotels like the Panorama. The outdoor facilities for the swimming pool are like walking into a set from a 70's tv programme! I'm not moaning, as everything was functional, just an observation.
The food has been fine throughout the week. Breakfast is a simple affair of pick your own continental style, unless you ask for something cooked such as egg or bacon.
Lunch and evening meals are of a good standard, highly recommend the steak.
Thankyou for a nice stay, I hope to bring my family to Maiori in the next few years and would like to stay again.
John Savastano

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Savastano,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know your very appreciated consideration about the Pietra di Luna Hotel. I really appreciate your comments, as they will be of great help to us in the planning of future refurbishment. I am sorry that we were not able to start the air conditioning during your stay, as it is practice to have it from the 15th of June, but I can assure you that this will be changed soon and from next year, the air conditioning will go when it is needed. Actually is already on from yesterday. One of the most interesting comment for me is the one regarding the mattresses, thank you for appreciating their hardness that becomes of great help in certain circumstances. All the staff and myself will be looking forward to welcome you back with your family, and we assure you that we will do all our best to let you enjoy another memorable holiday in Maiori.
Best regards,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Having returned home & being back on the treadmill, was staying at Hotel Pietra Di Luna all a dream? No! Because I have wonderful memories of a Hotel that restored my Soul.
Maiori is truly beautiful, but so are All the staff at this magical Hotel. I may have been on my own but I never felt alone. I so hope that, one day I will return.

Room Tip: A room that will see the sea.
Dear Barbara,

thank you, that magical word (HAPPINESS) that opens the comment on your recent stay at the Pietra di Luna Hotel, is the perfect find to express the goal we are trying to achieve here at the hotel. Happiness for all our guests.
The staff and myself are looking forward to welcome you back.

Alfonso Imperato (Hotel Manager)
Bexley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful stay at this hotel during the last week of May. The hotel is set in an excellent position opposite the seafront with the most beautiful views. All staff at the hotel are very friendly and will go out of their way to accommodate any requirements you may have. Meal choices are always available to be changed should there be anything on the menu that does not suit you. This was always done without any fuss, Bar staff bring your drinks out on to the beautiful terrace with lovely little bowls of snacks (crisp, olives, peanuts, biscuits etc). Rooms and balconies are an excellent size, my only little negative (and it is small as I still slept well) is that the beds are the hardest I have ever slept on!
We have not been home a week yet, and are already planning our return for next year!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Joel,

it is a great pleasure to read your review following your stay at the Pietra di Luna Hotel in Maiori.
On behalf of all the staff I would like to thank you very much for your appreciation and we are all very happy in knowing that we have been able to meet your expectations. In regards of the beds, I would really appreciate if next time that you are staying with us, you would be so kind in letting us know in advance so that we will have the possibility to take action in that regard. Our mattresses may feel a bit harder at first impact but I can assure you that this is because they are orthopaedic.
Looking forward to welcome you back, please accept my best thanks and regards,

Northumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

What a little gem of a hotel! The location, staff, food and service were all outstanding. All the staff at Pietra Di Luna went out of their way to make my stay truly memorable. The hotel is exceptionally well placed for easy access to the lovely little town of Maiori. A great little open topped bus stops right by the hotel for a breathtakingly beautiful journey 30 minute to Amalfi or to the stunning iconic town of Ravello, perched high on the hilltop, with amazing views if the Costa Di Amalfi. I enjoyed the most relaxing and refreshing holiday and can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Sheila,

I thank you for hawing chosen the Pietra di Luna hotel for your vacation on the Amalfi Coast and especially for taking the time in letting us know about your experience. It has been a real pleasure, for all of us, to have here as a guest, and we all look forward to welcome you here again. Whenever you decide to come back, please let us know, and we will be happy to reserve your table at the window with the view over Ravello. Thank you from all of us at the Pietra di Luna Hotel,

Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The best thing about the hotel is the beautiful location across the street from the sea and its proximity to many good restaurants. Hotel food was fair. The quaint bathroom did not bother me, but I think travelers have the right to decent mattresses. Everyone on our tour complained of sore backs and hips from the thin, old mattresses. We put a blanket underneath ours for padding.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Madame,

thank you for taking the time in letting us know about your experience at the Pietra di Luna Hotel. Guest’s comments and suggestion are of great importance to us as they help us in maintaining and improving our standards and the services on offer. Although I agree with your comment “Travellers have the right to decent mattresses”, I am obliged to point out that our mattresses are not thin and neither old. The mattresses were changed recently, and they are all between 18 and 21 centimetres high. I agree with the fact that our mattresses might be a bit hard, and when our guests let us know we do take action. Should you decide to stay again at the Pietra di Luna hotel, please let us know in advance with your sleeping preferences.

Montreat, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed three nights in May, 2014. We were part of a Trafalgar tour group. Our room was very comfortable, king-size bed, balcony with a view of the Med Sea. The decor is dated, but clean and functional. Really, you don't come here to hang around in a hotel room! The staff were very accommodating, especially the manager, who freely gave us good advice on restaurants and activities. We ate at the Hotel restaurant two nights, and the food was good. Maiori is a wonderful little town with gobs of atmosphere and charming streets and shops. The Hotel is in the perfect location to take advantage of it all. I would stay again, no question. The sound of church bells chiming was quaint, not at all bothersome, as some reviewers have complained.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Alfonso I, Manager at Pietra di Luna Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Bill,
thank you for letting us know of your experience at the Pietra di Luna hotel and in Maiori. I have appreciated your comments and they will be of great help to us. I look forward to be able to welcome you back on the Amalfi Coast, and hopefully with the “chiming sound” of the church bells.
From all the staff and myself, thank you very very much,

Alfonso Imperato

Been to Pietra di Luna Hotel? Share your experiences!