“Clean Hotel.. Excellent Staff .. Ideal location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 18 hotels in Maiori
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Clean Hotel.. Excellent Staff .. Ideal location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed for 10 nights on 30th August and just got home.We feel so chilled and enjoyed this holiday very much. Other reviews have made comments about noise from front of hotel and yes it's true but as it is in a central location with a main road.After a few nights you get used it and it didn't bother us. The staff are amazing.. Nothing too much trouble .. Roberto....Orlando..Rafaelle .. Pasquale...Tetto..guisy.Marko.. To name a few .. Lovely manager Antonio Russo was around a lot of the time and was very sociable and interested in any comments .Aldo the chef and his team ... Well what can I say... Excellent food.. The rooms were spotless . Clean towels every day and sheets changed at least every other day. Location great and views amazing on the terrace. All inclusive doesn't work well in Italy .. Met some lovely people.. Would go back again and go bed and breakfast or half board.. Went out for a pizza and was great value. Beautiful town with lovely locals going about their daily life .. Great reps .. Sharon and Josette .. Thank you Panorama..

• Stayed August 2013
Antonio R, Direttore generale at Hotel Panorama, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Mrs Angela,
thank you, thank you!!!

I am not expert photographer but the photo is really nice. we hope to see you next year.

591 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed for a week to celebrate our anniversary, from 30th August, arrived late 2250hrs yet salad laid out for us on the rooftop lounge, nice token, had a room at the front and yes the reviews are correct we can hear the road noise, however that is spelt out.
Room on fourth floor and the chairs being dragged about on the roof lounge does make quite a racket, however again this has previously been written about.
Food is stunning (we were on an all inclusive basis) although we chose to eat in only 2 evenings as we are not lovers of the a la carte menu and preferred something more traditional, and identified a lovely Italian on the front (neptune) which we frequented for 4 nights.
Bar on the roof terrace excellent and would enjoy if one of the bar staff could learn to smile, Mr Grumpy did have an attitude however all the other staff in bar area, dining staff and reception more than make up for this, their service was outstanding and carried out with a smile, I know the manager is trying to work on this but it is off putting.
I am aware that the hotel will not be all inclusive next year and this would interest me for the reasons stated and would love to return on just a B&B basis.
Not directly linked to the hotel but the Thomson rep (Sharon) went the extra mile to assist everyone and negotiated with the management when required also took time out on her day off (with Josette) to take a large group for a walk through to the next village and this was also appreciated.
Phillip A

Room Tip: The single decker open top bus is brilliant
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs Phillip,
i can assure you Mr Grumpy now smile.
Thank you for your suggestion, i have worked hard but........... we succeded :-)
i look to see you again in future.
Best regards
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had a fantastic trip and such a welcome upon arrival at this lovely hotel in July. It was our 40th wedding Anniversary and we had a complimentary bottle of Champagne and Italian biscuits waiting for us. The hotel is in a great location with beautiful sea views from our room and the beach is just across the road. Rooms and the hotel was very clean and tidy. A great holiday and we would recommend the Amalfi Coast and this Fantastic hotel to all. Thanks to all the staff who were very welcoming and were always there if needed. Naming a couple Filomena, Victoria, and all the waiters and housekeeper Marzia. Thanks again we will visit you again for sure!

Francesca and GIuseppe x

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs Francesca,
when we meet expetationts of our guests, we are really happy.
All our efforts have been repayed!!!!

USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed in hotel Panorama on September 1-2 in 309. The first day it was fine, and then we started noticing smell in the bathroom. We did not think much about it since we barely spent time in our room until I woke up sick on our last day. First I thought that I just got a cold until asthma attack hit me and I could not breeze well. We wanted to talk to the manager when we were leaving to explain that they have an issue, but gentleman at the front desk ( September 2 around 9 am) told me that it was my fault since I did not complain previously. Not a nice way to handle customer who got sick because of room conditions.
Other facts - beach cost €16-22 per chair and umbrella, so we walked to the left until we found beach for €10 for both of us.
It's very noisy since Amalfi coast drive is right below. You will need to keep windows closed at night.
They had nice breakfas.

Room Tip: I would not stay there
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Irochka,
first of all let me express my regret for your health problems.
It is never pleasent to suffer them but sure it is worse to have them during holiday abrowth. All our staff has badge with name and if anyone has not been moore then kindly, please wright directly to me an i will take appropiate action. I wish to have you again has guest, in perfect phisical condition, so you can anjoy the beauty of the Amalfi Coast and the appreciated services of our hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed in Hotel Panorama with my husband and a few friends after a hectic week in London attending a friend's wedding. This was our first trip to Amalfi. Place was absolutely beautiful!! I recommend paying the extra fee and staying in a sea view room! The view is breathtaking! The beach is right across the road and there's a private beach for the hotel (for a fee of course). Maiori is a lovely little county so if you're looking to party place to stay would be Positano. The concierge (Frederico) and his colleague (girl) im very sorry I forgot her name..were very helpful and made the best recommendations on places to go and eat. They speak perfect English (which is very hard to find in this part of Italy) I would strongly advise people to take the 2 hr ferry boat to Capri for the day. I will recommend this place to my friends! :) had a brilliant beautiful time...filled with amazing memories. Thank you Hotel Panorama staff :)

• Stayed August 2013
Antonio R, Direttore generale at Hotel Panorama, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Panorama and for expressing your opinion. I agree with you about the beauty of Maiori. Our property thanks to all its staff is the ideal location for those who want to get married on the Amalfi Coast, we provide specific services for these events.

Thanks
Oxford, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have read previous reviews of this Hotel, especially in regard to “all inclusive” aspect.
So we arrived with our expectations already pre-set. This is the very first year and
“Last” that the Panorama is doing “All Inclusive” which is a deep shame. The problem is that
Maiori is a very beautiful and typical Italian Resort, and not commercialised as many others are but the Hotel Management has seriously made a great attempt of providing a service of excellence, which may not be up to the all inclusive aspect that is expected elsewhere. The issue is mainly that we felt that by being “All Inclusive” which overall you pay more for, that we were made to feel that we were “getting something for nothing” which is certainly not the case. We did find that the “All Inclusive treatment” as the Hotel described it, catered for most tastes, and included soft drinks with ice and lemon, local wines, some spirits and a local beer., all of which you could have as much as you wanted, though the measures are of a smaller size, unless you were a guest paying for it separately, which did make people feel that they were being treated differently, also the drinks offered to us were of an inferior quality,, but there was no restriction of how much you could have, and the bar was open all day. So eventually I didn't worry too much on it. It was also very noticeable to us and others that a "member of the Management" was watching the staff, particularly around the bar area, which did disturb us, and we noticed it effected the friendliness of the bar staff, which was a great disappointment. All meals were superb, and there was plenty of it, with a great variety of choice, and all credit to the Chef who managed to create some wonderful dishes every evening, none repeated and all of a “A la Carte” feel to it. The restaurant was excellent, very large and comfortable. I wish I could remember all the names, but we do remember Orlando, the Restaurant Manager, who certainly was efficient and very professional at his job, and seemingly giving personal attention to everyone there. Roberto, who was equally helpful, and always with a winning smile and a genuine friendliness. Marko, Paolo and Gabrielle who all served us, were professional, hardworking and friendly to us, and by the end of the week we had all got to know each other quite well. The Tour rep Sharon was also very good, and in fact we have no complaint with the way they helped and assisted us, and were contactable if needed at virtually any time. The Hotel reception staff were also very helpful and pleasant, and I particularly remember the young lady Victtoria who was always cheerful and polite.
I would certainly recommend this Hotel, for it cleanliness, the staff, its location and the food.
We were glad that we have pre-warning that we had to pay for a deck chair, sun lounger and table with umbrella to use the beach, but we found that this was the norm, all over this area of Italy,
And we paid 12 Euros for two people for the day for the use of it, and this was subsidised as we were Hotel Guests, we did ascertain that people that were staying elsewhere in the area were paying upwards of 19 Euro’s but did not get these items as part of the fee, so overall we did have a good deal. However i do think that the fee for the use of the Beach should have been mentioned in the tour guide for the Hotel, and the same as the “City Tax” of 14 euro’s at the end of the holiday, which “Did” catch us by surprise, as we hadn’t been to Italy for 7 years, but they shouldn’t expect new visitors to know this.
My wife and I loved being “All Inclusive” so I do think it is sad that this Hotel will no longer be
Providing it next year, as my wife and I would love to come back, and did enjoy it all immensely,
and because of that I believe that less persons from the UK will travel here. Maiori is very much an Italian resort, so be aware that English is not so well spoken as more tourist areas are, but the local people are friendly and we somehow managed to get around and make ourselves understood, even using the local buses. So in our case a “Big Thank you” to everyone at the Panorama for making our holiday so lovely, and we do hope one day we may be back.

Room Tip: Ideally the Rooms at the front of the Hotel command a fantastic view of the coastline, however in th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonio R, Direttore at Hotel Panorama, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for accepting our invitation to express his opinion about our hotel. We are very glad to be able to meet your needs, and it made you happy during your vacation.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Spent 14 days at this hotel on an all inclusive with First Choice. The staff were super and very obliging, hotel was lovely and clean, the food was very good and varied. This was their first year at all inclusive and there were a few hiccups. The range of drinks were very restricted and time slots were given certain times which meant there were times when there were no refreshments available at all. We also found that water in the rooms weren't replaced on a daily basis. A special thank you to Orlando, Roberto, Pasquale and Gabrielle always very attentive and looked after us. Would not hesitate in going back there but probably not all inclusive.

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for a balcony seaview, we didn't and tried to upgrade when we got there but t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ang190254,
thank you very much for choosing the Hotel Panorama and for sharing his opinion. We are very happy you enjoyed our hotel, the kitchen managed by our chef Aldo and our staff. We asked if the drink list for hotel did not meet his needs.
I agree with the idea of returning to Panorama but with a formula that is not All Inclusive. Not choosing this package has the option of choosing to drink the drink that more you like from our roof-stocked bar.
I hope to have you again as our special guest.

Antonio Russo

Been to Hotel Panorama? Share your experiences!