“Mold and fungus in the bathroom, rude staff” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 18 hotels in Maiori
USA
“Mold and fungus in the bathroom, rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed in hotel Panorama on September 1-2 in 309. The first day it was fine, and then we started noticing smell in the bathroom. We did not think much about it since we barely spent time in our room until I woke up sick on our last day. First I thought that I just got a cold until asthma attack hit me and I could not breeze well. We wanted to talk to the manager when we were leaving to explain that they have an issue, but gentleman at the front desk ( September 2 around 9 am) told me that it was my fault since I did not complain previously. Not a nice way to handle customer who got sick because of room conditions.
Other facts - beach cost €16-22 per chair and umbrella, so we walked to the left until we found beach for €10 for both of us.
It's very noisy since Amalfi coast drive is right below. You will need to keep windows closed at night.
They had nice breakfas.

Room Tip: I would not stay there
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonio R, Direttore generale at Hotel Panorama, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Mr. Irochka,
first of all let me express my regret for your health problems.
It is never pleasent to suffer them but sure it is worse to have them during holiday abrowth. All our staff has badge with name and if anyone has not been moore then kindly, please wright directly to me an i will take appropiate action. I wish to have you again has guest, in perfect phisical condition, so you can anjoy the beauty of the Amalfi Coast and the appreciated services of our hotel.

618 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed in Hotel Panorama with my husband and a few friends after a hectic week in London attending a friend's wedding. This was our first trip to Amalfi. Place was absolutely beautiful!! I recommend paying the extra fee and staying in a sea view room! The view is breathtaking! The beach is right across the road and there's a private beach for the hotel (for a fee of course). Maiori is a lovely little county so if you're looking to party place to stay would be Positano. The concierge (Frederico) and his colleague (girl) im very sorry I forgot her name..were very helpful and made the best recommendations on places to go and eat. They speak perfect English (which is very hard to find in this part of Italy) I would strongly advise people to take the 2 hr ferry boat to Capri for the day. I will recommend this place to my friends! :) had a brilliant beautiful time...filled with amazing memories. Thank you Hotel Panorama staff :)

• Stayed August 2013
Antonio R, Direttore generale at Hotel Panorama, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Panorama and for expressing your opinion. I agree with you about the beauty of Maiori. Our property thanks to all its staff is the ideal location for those who want to get married on the Amalfi Coast, we provide specific services for these events.

Thanks
Oxford, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have read previous reviews of this Hotel, especially in regard to “all inclusive” aspect.
So we arrived with our expectations already pre-set. This is the very first year and
“Last” that the Panorama is doing “All Inclusive” which is a deep shame. The problem is that
Maiori is a very beautiful and typical Italian Resort, and not commercialised as many others are but the Hotel Management has seriously made a great attempt of providing a service of excellence, which may not be up to the all inclusive aspect that is expected elsewhere. The issue is mainly that we felt that by being “All Inclusive” which overall you pay more for, that we were made to feel that we were “getting something for nothing” which is certainly not the case. We did find that the “All Inclusive treatment” as the Hotel described it, catered for most tastes, and included soft drinks with ice and lemon, local wines, some spirits and a local beer., all of which you could have as much as you wanted, though the measures are of a smaller size, unless you were a guest paying for it separately, which did make people feel that they were being treated differently, also the drinks offered to us were of an inferior quality,, but there was no restriction of how much you could have, and the bar was open all day. So eventually I didn't worry too much on it. It was also very noticeable to us and others that a "member of the Management" was watching the staff, particularly around the bar area, which did disturb us, and we noticed it effected the friendliness of the bar staff, which was a great disappointment. All meals were superb, and there was plenty of it, with a great variety of choice, and all credit to the Chef who managed to create some wonderful dishes every evening, none repeated and all of a “A la Carte” feel to it. The restaurant was excellent, very large and comfortable. I wish I could remember all the names, but we do remember Orlando, the Restaurant Manager, who certainly was efficient and very professional at his job, and seemingly giving personal attention to everyone there. Roberto, who was equally helpful, and always with a winning smile and a genuine friendliness. Marko, Paolo and Gabrielle who all served us, were professional, hardworking and friendly to us, and by the end of the week we had all got to know each other quite well. The Tour rep Sharon was also very good, and in fact we have no complaint with the way they helped and assisted us, and were contactable if needed at virtually any time. The Hotel reception staff were also very helpful and pleasant, and I particularly remember the young lady Victtoria who was always cheerful and polite.
I would certainly recommend this Hotel, for it cleanliness, the staff, its location and the food.
We were glad that we have pre-warning that we had to pay for a deck chair, sun lounger and table with umbrella to use the beach, but we found that this was the norm, all over this area of Italy,
And we paid 12 Euros for two people for the day for the use of it, and this was subsidised as we were Hotel Guests, we did ascertain that people that were staying elsewhere in the area were paying upwards of 19 Euro’s but did not get these items as part of the fee, so overall we did have a good deal. However i do think that the fee for the use of the Beach should have been mentioned in the tour guide for the Hotel, and the same as the “City Tax” of 14 euro’s at the end of the holiday, which “Did” catch us by surprise, as we hadn’t been to Italy for 7 years, but they shouldn’t expect new visitors to know this.
My wife and I loved being “All Inclusive” so I do think it is sad that this Hotel will no longer be
Providing it next year, as my wife and I would love to come back, and did enjoy it all immensely,
and because of that I believe that less persons from the UK will travel here. Maiori is very much an Italian resort, so be aware that English is not so well spoken as more tourist areas are, but the local people are friendly and we somehow managed to get around and make ourselves understood, even using the local buses. So in our case a “Big Thank you” to everyone at the Panorama for making our holiday so lovely, and we do hope one day we may be back.

Room Tip: Ideally the Rooms at the front of the Hotel command a fantastic view of the coastline, however in th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonio R, Direttore at Hotel Panorama, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for accepting our invitation to express his opinion about our hotel. We are very glad to be able to meet your needs, and it made you happy during your vacation.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Spent 14 days at this hotel on an all inclusive with First Choice. The staff were super and very obliging, hotel was lovely and clean, the food was very good and varied. This was their first year at all inclusive and there were a few hiccups. The range of drinks were very restricted and time slots were given certain times which meant there were times when there were no refreshments available at all. We also found that water in the rooms weren't replaced on a daily basis. A special thank you to Orlando, Roberto, Pasquale and Gabrielle always very attentive and looked after us. Would not hesitate in going back there but probably not all inclusive.

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for a balcony seaview, we didn't and tried to upgrade when we got there but t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ang190254,
thank you very much for choosing the Hotel Panorama and for sharing his opinion. We are very happy you enjoyed our hotel, the kitchen managed by our chef Aldo and our staff. We asked if the drink list for hotel did not meet his needs.
I agree with the idea of returning to Panorama but with a formula that is not All Inclusive. Not choosing this package has the option of choosing to drink the drink that more you like from our roof-stocked bar.
I hope to have you again as our special guest.

west midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just returned from a great one week holiday in Maiori at the Panorama Hotel. Agreeing mostly with other reviews about the hotel, staff are friendly, helpful and very professional and make the stay enjoyable. The room was clean and bright and we had a Juliette balcony which was a little disappointing, as we paid extra for a sea view and a balcony and expected a 'proper' balcony to sit on. The view from the first floor room was lovely but a little too close to the noise of the traffic and bustle of this busy, lively town. The biggest disappointment was the 'All Inclusive' option which was NOT all inclusive as there were some things available at certain times and some things not available at all, so if you are booking an all inclusive option don't bother as it is not. As the week progressed it became obvious that the all inclusive guests appeared to be segregated from other guests and the drinks provided were of an inferior quality to those of the paying guests. Having said all this I loved Maiori as a place and despite the minor niggles we had a fantastic holiday.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear albie15,
thank you for your words of appreciation expressed for our hotel, our staff and the cleanliness of our rooms. On the all-inclusive package allows me to clarify a few things: all the guests at the Hotel Panorama are treated in the same way, there are no spaces reserved for special guests, our guest is our "KING" and our daily goal is to make him happy. However, guests can choose different treatments (Bed and Breakfast, Half Board, Full Board, All Inclusive) and so there are different conditions. Our drink list is far more extensive than expected in the policies of the Tour Operator, besides we proceeded to extend the opening hours of the bar.
I hope to have you again at the Panorama, perhaps with another treatment, to make you appreciate even more our hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hotel Panorama never fails to impress.seaview extra but its a must for the stunning views on offer.right on the seafront.Ideal for bus to Amalfi around 20mins.you won't be Dissapointed.staff at the panorama hotel are very professional and friendly.especially Philomena &Roberto they made our holiday superb.all staff are very hard working,and go out there way to make your holiday fantastic.Chef Aldo and his menus are both fabulous in both taste and presentation.sure will be back for the third time.

Room Tip: Spacious seaview a must!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you and thank you a thousand times. The appreciation and affection of our guests are the best reward for the and commitment that all the staff and I try to attempt to satisfy all our guests.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here for a week in August (a group of four friends) and had a great holiday. The hotel was very clean and the staff helpful and friendly. The roof top terrace was the perfect place to eat breakfast and enjoy pre dinner drinks. It was lovely to stay in an area where so many Italian families holiday. It's also an ideal location for those who want to explore the area either by organised trips or on the local buses. There are some very hilly walks for those who wish to see the countryside on foot and the views are well worth the effort. We must say a special thank you to Orlando and his team in the restaurant who looked after us so well and made us feel so welcome - the service and food was first class. We would definitely return to the Panorama again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Susan M,
I agree with you, Maiori is a beautiful place where you can do pretty enjoy the sea, walking, hiking, gastronomy, relaxation, art, culture, etc. I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and our services, also I thank you very much for having expressed appreciation on our staff.

Antonio Russo

Been to Hotel Panorama? Share your experiences!