“I'm glad I chose this hotel, thanks to Trip Advisor reviewers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Giulia

You added Hotel Giulia to your Saves list
Hotel Giulia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Pistelli 77, 55043 Lido Di Camaiore, Camaiore, Italy   |
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Lido Di Camaiore
Dublin
“I'm glad I chose this hotel, thanks to Trip Advisor reviewers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I'm just back from a week in Lido di Camaiore (12-19 July) and the Hotel Giulia, which I selected on the basis of the Trip Advisor reviews, proved an excellent choice. The location is ideal: Right across the street from the boardwalk (and watch out for those speeding bicycles - there's a heavily travelled bicycle path parallel with the road), just about at the midway point so that it's an easy walk to any of the beachfront restaurants, bars and shops on either side. It was also easy to slip in and shower and change after a day at the beach (I used Bagno Venezia, which I quite enjoyed).

And speaking of showers, theirs was particularly good: Great water pressure, good mixing, and a much-larger-than-Italian-hotel-average enclosure. There was also plenty of room in the bathroom for hanging wet swimsuits and towels. The bedroom was spacious and comfortable - I would describe it as homey rather than elegant, and none the worse for it. I particularly appreciated the mini-fridge which, in addition to being plentifully stocked with large bottles of (reasonably priced) mineral water, had enough room for me to keep some personal items (such as vitamins) in. And the air conditioning was comfortable and effective, which was really important since it was nearly 90 degrees Farenheit for most of my stay.

The reception and housekeeping staff were exceptionally good, friendly and helpful. I wish I could say the same about the restaurant staff, but they were entirely lacking in cordiality, which was particularly unfortunate as I was there as a solo traveller. I tried having dinner in the hotel on one occasion, and was made to feel so uncomfortable that I didn't repeat it, which is a shame since the food is quite good.

All in all, though, I was very happy with this choice, and would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: I was in the back of the hotel - no view, but I think it was probably cooler and quieter in conseque...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on June 17th and 18th, 2011. We had an oceanview room which was great value for what we paid. The room had everything we needed, and included free parking and breakfast. The staff were very welcoming and friendly upon checkin and were able to recommend a beach club for us.
Go to Bagno Marisa and see Carlos. We rented an umbrella and two chairs for 30 euros per day. There is a good restaurant/bar and nice salt water swimming pool at the beach club. Wonderful, extremely friendly service.
Had a great time in Lido!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Giulia? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Giulia

Address: Via Pistelli 77, 55043 Lido Di Camaiore, Camaiore, Italy
Location: Italy > Tuscany > Province of Lucca > Camaiore > Lido Di Camaiore
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Lido Di Camaiore
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Giulia 3*
In 1952, a young couple to be married, decided to buy in the heart of Versilia what will become the Giulia Hotel Lido di Camaiore, cozy and elegant 3-star beach vacation spot for generations of families that have taken place with affection over the years. Today the couple is still here, along with children and grandchildren to continue a tradition that has been renewed in line with the times. Comfort, technology and professionalism, combined with a warm and pleasent familiar attitude, are the characteristics of an always and careful management, ready to prevent the most demanding guest requests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Giulia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Giulia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.