“Lovely facilities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of UNA Hotel Versilia

Save Saved
You added UNA Hotel Versilia to your Saves list
UNA Hotel Versilia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Bernardini gia Viale Colombo, 335/337, 55041 Lido Di Camaiore, Camaiore, Italy   |
Ranked #2 of 47 hotels in Lido Di Camaiore
“Lovely facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Spent 3 nights at the hotel with my daughter and had a very enjoyable stay. Our room had a side room and was very comfortable. Great selection for breakfast. We had cocktails at the roof top bar and all the staff were very attentive.

Both pools were lovely. The highlight for us was the cycling. We used the bikes every day and cycled to the railway station in Viareggio for trips to Pisa and Florence (as suggested by the Recrption staff - we had planned to travel by bus). Very easy and the train fare was not expensive.

Would certainly recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Lavetti, Direttore at UNA Hotel Versilia, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for having spent some of your time to leave your precious comment on UNA Hotel Versilia, that will allow us to verify the quality of our services and to approach more and more to your expectations; Customer satisfaction is a primary goal of UNA Hotels & Resorts.
We are satisfied that you have appreciated our hotel and services, all our staff is trained to establish a friendly relationship with the Guests and follow the “UNA services guide” personalized to please every Guest, who confirm everyday to the Management this attitude.

552 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed here 4 nights after our wedding in Tuscany on our mini honeymoon.
We stayed in a junior suite and they are very spacious and comfortable. Definitely ok to stay there with a toddler if need be.
Prices are higher than elsewhere in Lido di Camaiore but it's definitely worth the money if you're lookng for a modern and comfortable hotel. Some of the other hotels seem a bit outdated from the inside and the Una has a modern look and feel.
The breakfast buffet is plenty (warm food, juice bar where you can get all sorts of fruit and veg mixed as a drink) and the usual cereal, bread, cakes (lots of it!) and cold cuts.

Spa area is nicely maintained, the indoor pool is small but ok if the weather isn't great. Outside pool is huge with lots of loungers around the pool or in the garden. The garden area is lovely and well kept.
Would like to highlight the pillow selection....they have a choice of 4 different pillows on top of the one you have in your room as standard. This was heaven for me as I need a hard pillow and often wake up in the middle of the night because of neck pain. Not so this time! Thanks Una for the hard pillow!
You can get bikes for free which is very convenient for cycling up and down the promenade. We cycled to viareggio and pietrasanta in a heartbeat and could have gone on to Forte dei Marmi but couldn't be bothered because Lido di Cameiore has a nice relaxing and casual feel about it.
The beach is heaven but again fairly expensive if you want to rent sun loungers even with the 10% you get on some beaches with the Una discount.
The hotel was bustling with young families, couples and senior travellers and had a good atmosphere. Would I stay there again: yes, if I wanted to treat myself. I would find it a bit expensive if I wanted a proper 10 day holiday...having said that, they don't charge for wifi or parking which a lot of orher hotels do so maybe it all evens out in the end.

Oh, and for our honeymoon we got a fruit basket (only pears though so not much choice) and a nice bottle of prosecco.
A la carte dinner at the hotel is nice but tbh I would recommend eating out unless you want the convenience of food on your doorstep. Along the beach are plenty of restaurants catering to all tastes and budgets.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Genoa, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

There is a lot to like about UNA Hotel Versilia, but also some major deterrents. We requested via email, early check-in and were told the hotel was full and it wouldn’t be possible to check in until 2pm. We arrived at noon and were told the same upon arrival. When we returned shortly before 2, the room still wasn’t ready on a rainy Sunday morning-I doubt that there weren’t any rooms available and that management just enforces a no check in early policy except for their VIPs. Miraculously, right at 2pm our room was available.

The hotel’s location is a 5 minute walk to the beach and promenade, 12 minutes to where the major restaurants and beach bathing areas are. Fine, but not in the middle of the “action”.
No complaints regarding the room even though we were given a smaller room; no walk-in closet or sitting area. It did have a large balcony, modern, minimalistic style, nice amenities, bathrobe/slippers, but no coffee maker and a terrible lucent orange sink.

Major deterrents were the price gouging for the internet with a variety of choices all exorbitant-25euro/24 hours. I would have used the internet had it been reasonably priced, so they lost out on revenue. Also the lobby bar-10 euro for a small bottle of beer! We walked down the street for a nice aperitivo; 2 large beers, one small, lots of food for 10.50 euro. If the hotel wants bar sales it should be reasonably priced. Also attention to details-I joined my husband after he ordered a drink at the bar, no one ever came by to take my drink order. And why leave the service door open, so people sitting at the bar have a full view of this employee only area? These details are important.

My compliments to the chef-our dinner was excellent! The large table full of your choice of delicious appetizers is a real plus and enough for dinner alone, but my husband also ordered the mix meat grill/I order the fish-both excellent. The starter of meat/pasta was too heavy and too much food for a starter although good, I left most of it behind. Wines choices were good but high. Service was attentive without being obtrusive. Breakfast was also very good with a wide range of food; nearly everything you could ask for. My only complaint was lack of atmosphere- the dinning area just seemed like a big cafeteria, very boring and not the least bit elegant or appealing! However we had a very pleasant evening and it was the highlight of our stay.

Overall a very uneven stay which could be made much better with a few price adjustments and a better check in policy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lavetti, Direttore at UNA Hotel Versilia, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for having spent some of your time to leave your precious comment on UNA Hotel Versilia, that will allow us to verify the quality of our services and to approach more and more to your expectations.
We have taken note of your opinion, the c/in time is at 2PM, due to clean all the rooms; the c/out time is setted at 11:00AM, time where the majority of our Clients leave the rooms; in UNA Hotels all the Clients are V.I.P..
It's a pleasure for us to give to the our Clients any rooms assigned that is ready before 2PM, because the clients stayed before left early; your room where a Classic one, as per your reservations, in our web site you can find a large selection of room types that UNA Hotel Versilia can offer you.
Our prices are aligned to the Versilia market for Room and for Food & Beverage, in reference to the standard of service we offer.
Our Company offers to our guests ADSL2 + 12 / 1 Mbps with at least 1 Mbps of guaranteed band. We have choosed to offer a good service even if it means paying a fee.
Anyway, in the Special Packages section of our website you could find various special offers that include the internet service.
Wishes to have you again our Guest, I send you my best regards
NORTH WEST LONDON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at the Una Versiglia for 3 nights with my adult son. Staying at this top Hotel in a medium resort compared with a much lesser one in the considerably posher Viareggio or Forte di Marme, which are a short drive or cycle away...... Don't spread the word!
We had a spacious 2 bedroom suite with a huge balcony overlooking the pool. Sadly the weather was unseasonably chilly but when the sun appeared we. Made use of the large outdoor pool.... Plenty of sun beds.when the weather was bad we were grateful for the indoor pool, steam room, gym and spa.
The hotel has tennis courts and offers bikes. I hadn't been on one for 10 years but urged on by our son ended up cycling along the seafront to Viareggio... Dead flat.... Plenty of cafes & shops.... Dedicated bike lane.... My kind of cycling!
The breakfast buffet was surprisingly good. We liked the fresh juices which were juiced to your requirements.
The hotel is set back from the road opposite a long beach..... All concessions. Due to the weather we didn't bother trying any out.
Would definitely recommend this hotel & location. Worth having a car to explore the area & try different restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Channel Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The hotel is only 5 years old and is very smart with lovely indoor and outdoor pools.
The Breakfast buffet has a good selection of fresh friut, bread and cakes. They also have cereal and hot breakfast. They will even make you fresh fruit juices.

We had a junior suite which was spacious and clean.

The service was friendly and excellent. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lavetti, Direttore at UNA Hotel Versilia, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Only spent one night here in transit towards Tuscany but we're already planning to include a come back to this hotel on our next trip here. Got a room with a sea view and was quite surprised to see that our room was the size of a small apartment. It even included a walk in closet.

Very clean, modern and comfortable rooms. The hotel's breakfast was delicious, with a very large selection of items.

Ample free parking on site.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nürnberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

For our trip in mid-March this year, we chose the Una Versilia because it looked very modern and recent (which it is, the hotel is just 6 years old), and because it has an indoor pool (and spa) to keep our kids happy on rainy days.

We chose the Deluxe Junior Suite, and after browsing Internet offers (booking.com) and the hotel's web site (which offers reduced rates under promotions) we called the hotel to make the reservation. The pleasant surprise what that after asking nicely for a better rate, we were given an excellent price (I think they handled it internally as a free upgrade). It seems the hotel was not full during our stay, so your experience may vary ...

Upon arrival we were received by very friendly staff, and the room turned out to be really great: Separate rooms for ourselves and the kids on the sofa bed, a flat TV in each room, two separate closet rooms to stash away our suitcases and things, and a nice bathroom. We can really recommend that room type!

What was not so great:

Internet access is VERY expensive (and the codes work only for one device at a time; however when I asked nicely, they gave me another set of codes for my wife at no charge - great service!)

The indoor pool is part of the spa area and as such off limits to children at most hours. Again, after I explained in a friendly way that we had chosen the hotel just for the indoor pool (and that our kids would behave themselves), we were granted an exception by the manager, which really improved the mood. Be careful, around the pool there is one row of floor tiles that are extremely slippery!

Breakfast was great, we even had it outside on the second day (the weather had improved for a few hours), but I must say the restaurant area in general is not very inviting. They have great architecture and good details in the rooms, but the restaurant needs a make-over to be more inviting.

I can really recommend the Una Versilia, especially at the room rate we had, and would surely choose it again the next time we're in that area.

Room Tip: Take the Deluxe Junior Suite (and call to ask for a good rate for your stay) ... and bring a 3G d...