“Go for the tenderloin” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Associacao Agricola de Sao Miguel

Associacao Agricola de Sao Miguel
Recinto da Feira | Recinto Da Feira, Rabo de Peixe, Sao Miguel 9600-096, Portugal
+351 296 490 001
Dining options: Reservations
montreal
“Go for the tenderloin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

If you're going to for beef in Sao Miguel, this is the place. And it's just not good for Sao Miguel...it's good period.
As far as the steaks go, you get a choice of 3 seperate cuts, tenderloin, sirloin and round steak prepared about hald a dozen ways with various sauces or styles....cheese, passion fruit, mustard and a few others. The traditional comes plain with an egg on top.
Everything is good here, from the fresh cheese and bread to french fries and everything we tried.
I ordered tenderloin in cheese sauce that had a flavourful and tender steak swimming in St Jorge cheese...very good, but not cardiologist approved. I would say if you do order the steak...make sure it is the tenderloin. My GF ordered the sirloin and it was the only thing we had not up to snuff, in fact it was very tough and chewy in parts. For the price of a couple of Euro, it is probably best you simply go with the best cut and avoid disappointment.
Fairly good wine selection and all for great prices. I'm really not an expert on wine but do enjoy it, had chosen one but asked waiters opinion on what he would recommend, expecting him to find something considerably more expensive. In fact he found what turned to be really good and was less than our original choice.
All in all we were really impressed with our experience, lighting was a little harsh and definitely not romantic. More flourescent and very bright, but I found this in a few cases in our trip

Visited November 2013

Dinslaken, Germany
“Unexpectedly good!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The restaurant is not THAT easy to find, but as we came in, we noticed that there were only Portuguese people ( I guess the area agro business people). Well, it was a good sign, a place where the locals eat can´t be bad and expensive....

Well, and it was confirmed: the steak was perfect! We had a tenderloin, which came along with french fries ( what for????)

No comparison with Argentinian or Brazilian beef ( by far!!!!).

I´d go back to Azoren only for this steak.....

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Setubal, Portugal
“Always very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I come to S Miguel every year at least and this restaurant is a must. Good portions, the stake is very well cooked, tasty and tender so I couldn't ask for more.
The price is a bit high but it's worth

Visited October 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
“Great Meat - Probably the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had the steak with passion fruit sauce, and tasted marvelously, specially if you like passion fruit. There are several possibilities according to you budget, from an burger for 2 for €5 to steaks at €20.
The staff was nice and efficient.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cascais, Portugal
“One of the best steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

VERY good steak, nice staff, honest price. If I ever go to São Miguel again I will visit this restaurant for sure.

• Visited September 2013