“Amazing fish dishes at great value!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 91 Restaurants in Lerici
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Chiavenna, Italy
“Amazing fish dishes at great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We saw the good reviews but entered the place a bit sceptic, thinking it would have been a very "touristy" site. With surprise, we noticed all people were local (which is always a good sign). The place is not big, but kind of cozy... We ordered Antipasto misto di mare for two people and we had so many different kinds of antipasto (for 10 € per person!). Then a secondo, tagliata di tonno (tuna)... It was delicious... Well cooked, vegetables were fresh and well presented, looked like a novelle cuisine dish! We highly recommend this place, we will be definitely back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

mansfield
“Very nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went to this little place yesterday for lunch very nice! The place was full of locals.... always a good sign. Try the Sea Food Antipasti, well worth a try.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leicester
“Beautiful views and exceptionally good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Enjoy the perfect views over the Lerici Marina across the water to Portevenere whilst enjoying well cooked pasta or seafood. The grilled squid is amazing, my wife had Liguria sea bass with olives and capers - best she has ever had. The previous day we had just fresh pasta with homemade tomato sauce - a real delight. Combined with the sun and views this is an amazing lunch time experience. Good value too. Like all the sea front venues get too many 'traders' plying their wares and don't like 'No' for an answer. Perhaps the city authorities need to take a stand and ban them like Mallorca! Don't let this detract from the restaurant though - have a wonderful lunch :-)

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“I was more concerned with the mosquitos feasting on my legs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We had just explored 5 Terre earlier and was just looking for a place to eat, so we just went here based on hotels recommendation.
I have to confess I was too tired to even think much, so I just ordered the Frito Misto and a side salad.
Service is pretty slow, but I kinda expected that since we are in Europe and not NYC. When our meal arrived my Frito Misto was so-so, I was concerned that some of the sea food did not taste fresh and then it was also very greasy ( I know you're probably thinking, it's greasy because it's fried, but lets just say i thought some of it was still swimming in the grease )
All I can say was that I was more concerned by the mosquitos feasting on my legs, then the dish I got. The house salad was good, but how wrong can you go with some greens and sliced tomatoes?
The waitresses were trying their best to serve everyone as it looked like there was only 2 of them serving over 50 people.
We decided to have dessert next door at the gelataria which was the highlight of the evening.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
milano
“BOTTOM OF THE HEAP”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We booked our table for 9.15pm, 5 adults, and sat at 9.50 after a group of 4 just arrived, they don't seem to care much about reservations. Ordered two starters and got them quite soon, but the portions were scarce considering that each one is supposed to be for two persons, and the octopus was chewing gum. Then two "spaghetti scoglio" (pasta overcooked, ways too much oil, a number of old mussels), two grilled prawns plates (five prawns for 18Euro…) and one "gnocchetti" (nothing special), arrived in this order: spaghetti at 10.40, prawns at 11.20 and gnocchetti at 11.45, and all after our complaints and the servers trying to guess what was ordered. Just the gnocchetti were not on the bill, but my friend did not eat much of it after almost 3 hours waiting. One of our precious vacation evenings ruined, never again!

Visited August 2012