“Good fish and enchanting views” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Richmond, Virginia
“Good fish and enchanting views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

If you like to taste the local fish, this is the right place. I believe food taste better if you are in a nice and quiet environment, so, this seafront restaurant is the best location ever.
We had shrimps and calamari in a mild sea food platter, mixed with half cooked fresh vegetable: was great as a starter. The we tried the fried catch of the day and we were really happy. Try the local vermentinno white wine, as the restaurant maitre suggested, for us has been a superbe choice. The only negative point, the price: a bit too much, overprized, as this is not a luxury restaurant.

Visited November 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“exellent food fantastic staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The oldest restaurant in the area, well worth a visit. Fantastic food and friendly attentive staff. Located right on the sea front...ideal for watching the world go by!!

Visited June 2013
Bergen, Norway
“Average food, but the service is nearly absent.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

This certainly is close to a tourist trap. Good location in the harbour. 'Local fish' a sign says, which probably is correct... All fish were tasty and quite good. Perhaps missing some italien touch? Children's pasta were not al'dente. Service is a chapter on its own. All food took long time. 40 minutes waiting for main course and 4 waiters around and still not enough knives when it arrived. Then the whitewine had lost it temperature. Quite a stiff cheque at the end. This was just for lunch...

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Overrated as usual - good location bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This place has a nice view and so we sat down. Mussesls were our starter, they arrived cold and was extremely salty. We ordered fried calamari next and instead we got mixed fried fish, so I had to send it back. Calamari afterall was lacking flavor, too much grease. For main course I ordered grilled sea bass and instead I got half of another white fish pan fried. Had nothing to do with grilled sea bass! It had some flavorings on top which I did not care for. Service terrible, unattentive. At the end, I did not feel I ate what I ordered. Won't be back here for sure!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York
“We went to the wrong restaurant...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Our hotel recommended a restaurant to try out on our first night in Lerici, but we obviously went to the wrong restaurant.
Let me start by saying that my Italian is sub par if nothing at all, so I try to be very polite and show on the menu the dish I was interested in. We also tend to tip a bit more since we know how annoying it can be trying to communicate with us.
Alas the waiter not only got our order wrong, but it was obvious he was overwhelmed by the orders.
When our dish arrived the pasta looked dry as though it had been sitting out for a while( although the pesto sauce was great ). I ordered the Pressed Octopus, some restaurants call it Octopus Salami, but all i got was 2 grilled fillets of fish. I quickly got the waiter to change my order as I had ordered the grilled seafood platter for my second course. Well guess what arrived for my second course the same grilled fish and some other grilled seafood. So the grilled fish was obviously sitting out for a bit and it sure tasted like ti had, dry and greasy at the same time.
Suffice to say we could not wait to leave the restaurant as it took them over an hour to serve us our meal, and other patrons who had been there later then us got served faster.
so if you really want a good experience and definitely good seafood, please do not pop into this restaurant, as you will be surrounded by far better meals.
Oh and my date had some stomach cramps alter that evening too.

• Visited August 2012