Stayed here on more than one occasion over the winter. Working locally so please consider my review as a long term review.
Rooms are highly varied, so make sure you know what is important to you at check in and ask any of the great staff at the front desk to get the sort of room you want. Variables to check are bath or shower, twins or King size, balcony or not. Rooms also vary in size depending on where they are on the floorplan. (Rooms 1-21 tend to be a bit smaller than >21). Even numbers get sun in the evening, odd numbers get early sunshine. Rooms are nicely decorated modern and clean, although quite dark. Beds have an adjustable comfort setting which did make a difference to the hardness which is a nice touch, however they were fitted with a 'memory foam' top which I find to be a bit too hot.
Restaurant was very good, but very expensive, 14 euro soup, 25 euro mains. However a three course daily special was also available which was magnificent food for a much more reasonable 22 euro.
Breakfast was a bit hit and miss. All the cold foods were excellent, fresh and tasty. Great selection of fruit and cereal. Reasonable pastries and cakes. However the hot food buffet was pretty grim. Greasy bacon, garlic sausage, oily potatoes etc. the hotel did redeem the hot food side with freshly cooked eggs, waffles and french toast which were all very good.
The hotel has a roof-top pool and a decent small gym. There is also a spa with all of the usual treatments and equipment available. There is also a guest laundry available.
The hotel is in a suburban street and is surrounded by apartments. There are many cafes, restaurants and bars within easy and very safe walking distance. The old part of Lecce is a flat walk of 20 minutes away. Parking is free on site and also in an underground (very tight) carpark.
More on the staff, I had several occasions when I needed some help, the staff were able to come up with solutions on every occasion. They were fantastic, helpful, friendly and even entertaining. Caty on the front desk was a particular stand out member of the team.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Lecce Hotel Lecce
- Hilton Garden Inn Lecce Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4 star hotel is located few minutes far from the historic city center of Lecce, cited among the Lonely Planet's 'Best in Travel 2010' list and 15 minutes from the best beaches of the Salento peninsula.Guests can unwind in the Hilton Garden Inn Lecce hotel’s bright, modern guest rooms where keep in touch with friends and family with complimentary internet access.Relax yourself in the panoramic terrace, before dining in ‘The Cube Bar & Restaurant’ tasting local and national specialties. Keep fit in our Precor® Fitness Center, swim in the outdoor pool or indulge in a luxury Spa. Rilassatevi nelle camere accoglienti e moderne, restate in contatto con tutti mediante l’accesso a internet gratuito. Rilassatevi sulla terrazza panoramica con vista sulla città di Lecce prima di cena e gustate le specialità locali e nazionali nel 'The Cube Bar & Restaurant'. Tenetevi in forma nel nostro centro fitness con equipaggiamento cardio-fitness Precor®, nuotate nella piscina scoperta o concedetevi un trattamento SPA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Lecce reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.