“A fabulous week in Puglia” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 31 Activities in Lecce
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrated by the NYT for its role in promoting the ancient and healthy cuisine of Puglia that Southern Italian women have been handing down for centuries, Stile Mediterraneo offers first class and unique culinary and cultural experiences with highly professional local experts. The School was founded by the two sisters Marika (Cardiologist) and Cinzia Rascazzo (certified extra virgin olive oil taster, 3rd level AIS wine sommelier, Harvard MBA. They are Ambassadors of Puglia's authentic Mediterranean Cuisine and they teach a unique cooking method and approach to food that can contribute to the improvement of health and wellbeing. Their goal is to share the secrets of their ancient cuisine and culture. Attend cooking classes with Cinzia, Marika and their mamma Dina. Taste excellent wines and extra virgin olive oils and visit very select wineries and olive oil producers. Learn about the authentic local culture, food and tradition and have fun meeting new local friends! Hope to have you here! Cinzia, Marika and Mamma Dina
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Dereham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“A fabulous week in Puglia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I have just spent a week in the company of Cinzia and Marika - brilliant. If you are going to Puglia we cannot recommend Stile Mediterraneo highly enough - a fabulous experience. A mixture of superb food that we cooked ourselves under the expert guidance of Cinzia and Marika. We completed 3 cookery classes each better than the last, accompanied by outstanding wines selected by Cinzia a trained sommelier. The olive oil tasting which was fascinating and very informative combined with visits to an olive grove and very old olive oil press in an abbey. Our gourmet tour with Cinzia of Lecce learning about the fruit, veg, cheeses, breads and chocolates of the region really increased our knowledge of the area and the overall food experience. We also had a historical tour of Lecce a real insight into this beautiful town - not to be missed on any tour to Puglia. One of our highlights was a visit to the Castello Monaci Winery. A tour of the winery and tasting under Cinzia's expert guidance followed by a visit to the Castle itself was worth the trip on its own. We also spent a day visiting Ostuni and the Trulli area which even the rain could not spoil, very beautiful.
This was such a wonderful experience we are already planning our next visit.

Visited October 2013
StileMediterraneo, Owner at Stile Mediterraneo Cooking Wine and Language School in Puglia, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
What a wonderful.....and FUN week I and Marika spent with you.
It was such a pleasure to have you here, know you.....and share with you all our little secrets about our home region. It was so much fun to cook, taste the wines ....and olive oils and show you around. We cannot thank you enough for having come all the way to Puglia to spend a week with us....and really hope to see you soon again.
Un abbraccio to both of you.
Cinzia & Marika

Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I spent a half day with Cinzia visiting an olive tree grove, and we learned a lot about extra virgin olive oil. We found her to be very informative and she has a real passion for her work.. We visited an old olive oil press and then returned to Stile Mediterraneo for olive oil tasting and lunch. This was definitely one of the big highlights of our trip to Puglia. The next time we return we are hoping to participate in the cooking class.

Visited September 2013
It was such a pleasure to spend my day with you too!
As you noticed.....I love extra virgin olive oil and sharing everything I know about our history, culture and food.....However, the best part of what I do is to meet such wonderful new friends like the two of you!
I really hope you will return with the Whole family.
A big hug,
Cinzia
Centennial, Colorado
“The highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I, our sons fiancé and her sister attend a cooking class with Cinzia and Marika. It was the highlight of our trip. We had a variety of cooking experience and all levels were engaged and we all learned so much. We have used their recipes at home many times. It was a truly memorable evening.

Visited October 2012
Thank you so much for your review!!
I and Marika have such fond memories of our time together in Lecce.....cooking together, drinking the limoncello......and having lots of fun sharing our stories.
We really hope to have you back .....hopefully very soon.
A big hug from the sunny Lecce.
Cinzia & Marika
Rome, Italy
“Authentic Puglia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our family recently had an unforgettable get-together in Puglia, the highlight of which was the private cooking class we had with Cinzia, her sister, Marika, and their mother Dina. My husband, son and son-in-law participated, as well as our 3 1/2 year old granddaughter along with myself, our 2 daughters and the German girlfriend of my son. What a unique and amazing experience! We gained so much knowledge about Salento, authentic local cuisine, wine and olive oil in such a truly authentic and convivial setting.The hands-on experience of our family kneading, cutting, and shaping (or perhaps I should say misshaping at times!) traditional Puglian orechiette and stuffing and preparing calamari alongside a traditional Puglian family and then dining together on our handiwork is one we will forever cherish. The bonding among ourselves, and with this warm and hospitable family, set the tone for the rest of our time together. Following Cinzia's advice, we found other gems in the Salento area and even took part in her wine tour, another amazing learning experience which my youngest daughter found to be especially informative and useful as she works in an Italian restaurant in NYC and intends to go into hospitality management. Since we live so far from each other, Boston, NYC, Rome, Jerusalem and Germany these family get togethers are extremely dear to us. So we sincerely thank Cinzia, Marika, and Dina for their role in creating an extraordinary family experience for us all. We hope to have the opportunity to get together with these newly found dear friends again in the future!

Visited June 2013
StileMediterraneo, Owner at Stile Mediterraneo Cooking Wine and Language School in Puglia, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I, Marika and my mom Dina want to thank you so much, not only for this wonderful review but also for having shared such a special day with us.
It was such a pleasure to have you and all your beautiful family. My mom absolutely loved meeting your grandaughter......and your super sweet family!
IIncredible how many things in common our families share.
...We just hope we will have a chance to meet you soon again either in Italy or in your beautiful home country.
Thank you so much again for having brought so much more happiness into our house.
It was an unforgettable day for all of us!
A presto and baci from me, Marika and Dina!
“Cuisine inspiration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

A highlight of our honeymoon in Puglia was our visit to Cinzia and her cooking school where we took a private cooking class accompanied by her mother.

We spent 5 unforgettable hours with two enthusiastic ladies that demonstrated authentic passion for their cuisine, olive oil and wine. We learned how to prepare and cook pasta, a lovely tomato sauce and stuffed calamari...what a treat! Most importantly we where guided by the skillful ladies and carefully coached to create a tasteful lunch that was enjoyed on the terrace. Alongside our cooking Cinzia shared the true philosophy of the Puglian cuisine and also her passion for olive oil and local wine - stories that will remain with us forever.

We truly enjoyed our Italian-English-Norwegian conversations and highly recommend anyone to invest and spend time with the ladies at Stile Mediterraneo Cooking school.

Thank you for a memorable experience that certainly has influenced our cooking!

Marit & Kristian

Visited June 2013
StileMediterraneo, Owner at Stile Mediterraneo Cooking Wine and Language School in Puglia, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Grazie mille for such a wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have you with me and my mom and we also had a super lovely day.
It was so nice to cook together and share the delicious results of our labor togeher.
I am also so delighted to hear that you both liked our unique approach to promote the healthy & tasty Puglian cuisine and the Southern Italian Women's role in preserving it.

We can't wait to have you back, hopefully very soon.
Ciao
cinzia

Travelers who viewed Stile Mediterraneo Cooking Wine and Language School in Puglia also viewed

Been to Stile Mediterraneo Cooking Wine and Language School in Puglia? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Stile Mediterraneo Cooking Wine and Language School in Puglia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.