“EXCELLENT HOTEL BUT PARSIMONIOUS WITH COFFEE AT BREAKFAST” 4 of 5 stars

Ni Hotel La Villa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Torino 334, 10015 Ivrea, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ivrea
London, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT HOTEL BUT PARSIMONIOUS WITH COFFEE AT BREAKFAST”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

This was a comfortable overnight hotel, quiet and with friendly staff, but with limited options for dining nearby. The breakfast spread was more than ample but rather spoiled by the extra 2 Euros required for a second cup of coffee!

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

On our way from Paris to Ferrara we stopped at Ivrea for the night. We had booked the hotel on the internet and were a little surprised to find it in the suburb of Ivrea and by the austere outside when we arrived in the evening.
Inside every thing was different, nice and warm welcome, a nice and spacious room, a very good buffet breakfast.
On our way back we to France we stayed again overnight in La Villa.
Weekend rate for a double room, including breakfast was 70€, instead of 85€.
It seems that the WE rate is only available on the internet.
A very nice and family owned hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
French
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Pros:
- Clean rooms, quiet
- Good food. good prices

Cons:
- Awful lady at the restaurant

We stayed in this hotel on our way to Tuscany. So cannot comment about the localisation

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Venice
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

I have just come back from a trip to the Piedmont region and I wish to say a few words in favor of Hotel La Villa in Ivrea, where I spent the last three days of my journey.

This property is located two miles away from the town centre, and though I prefered to have a nice walk the hotel is accessible by bus thanks to an efficient service: this position renders the hotel itself very quiet and ideal for people travelling by car, in the light of its proximity to the motorway junction.

I had the pleasure to make the acquaintance of the lovely owners, Mara and Luciano, who has been always friendly and welcoming, willing to share with me their experiences as hotel managers and to give me some tips on how to plan my days in Ivrea and in the Canavese area. On the first evening, after I came back from the restaurant, I asked Luciano the permission to sit next to him in the lounge area and he was pleased to share with me the Italian cup football match featuring his beloved Juventus: I felt like I was at home, and Luciano was very kind in offering me a glass of the best Canavese red wine during the match break. Mara, charming and accomplished, has always been accurate in the service she provided and attentive to every detail: just to give and example, on the last day the chambermaids missed to prepare my room (it is not serious, it can happen) and after I pointed it out to Mara she was really generous in going herself upstairs to clean and refresh the room while I was having dinner at their restaurant, though I told her it was not necessary..! This little episodes give you the measure of the professionalism, the kindness and the genuineness of this lovely people.

My double room for single use was spacious enough, providing a private bathroom (featuring both shower and bathtub) and modern comforts. Beside this, from the little private terrace outside the room I could enjoy a spectacular view of the Alps.

The breakfast (included in my room rate) was by far one of the best I have ever experienced: wide choice of delicious croissant (plain, marmelade, creme, chocolate) and other pastries, cereals, yoghurt, fresh bread, cheese, ham, salami, fruits and every other gift of God.

As previously mentioned, on the last night of my stay I had dinner at the hotel restaurant and I felt to express to Mara my congratulations for such a quality in the dishes their excellent chef proposed.

If you are planning a trip to the Canavese area, featuring the nice town of Ivrea and enchanting medieval castles, I would recommend this hotel as the ideal place to stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

Great family run hotel.
We stayed for the Orange carnaval and where vary happy with the hotel owenres and there welcome recption , guide and execlent food.
The room was nice with better facilties then the 3 stars it's rated .
and the view where amazing.

Highly recomended

• Liked — Family run
  • Disliked — location (needed a car)
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Coast,England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2006

We booked this hotel on the internet for an overnight stop and on arrival we were a liitle concerned looking at the austere outside. However the room we were given was large and beautifully clean and the view of the mountains in the morning was stunning. The service was first class and the food was very good. All in all we would recommend this hotel as excellent value for the money.

• Liked — The room was a pleasant surprise
  • Disliked — The outside wityh the one way mirror
  • Tips/Secrets — Ignore the outside
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Westerlo, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

this is a very nice property, very nice rooms for 60E, Vodafone hot-spot, gated entry. we arrived in the middle of the night and got two rooms. the hotel was difficult to find at night as nobody spoke English in town and the directions were sparse. i forgot a bag with a laptop and passport in the lobby the morning we left but we got it back when we returned for it a few hours later.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ni Hotel La Villa? Share your experiences!