“Top Notch Hotel - Warm Recommendation.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Airone
35, Senese Street, Grosseto, Italy   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Grosseto
London, United Kingdom
“Top Notch Hotel - Warm Recommendation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at Grosetto with a very good friend for four days on a business trip.

We loved it!

This hotel has the facilities and professionalism of a major national chain - yet it also offers the sincere personal customer service from which the major chains are so sorely lacking.

The best thing about this hotel is the staff; as a Brit I am all to familiar with sullen resentful service from my fellow countrymen who seem to resent the idea of "serving" somebody else.

The staff at Hotel Airone are a million miles away from England - the entire team were enthusiastic, bubbly cheerful and nothing for them seemed too much trouble.

However many cappucinos we ordered at 2am, they reacted with charm, enthusiasm and panache. That must have taken some doing!

The night concierge at Airone was simply exceptional - one of the best hotel staff experiences I have ever encountered anywhere in the world. He really does his job with style.

On the day shift an excellent female senior manager runs the hotel with impeccable efficiency.

The hotel is modern, fashionable and has great facilities including steam room, sauna and a great reception area.

Best of all was the price - we were paying 70 euros a night for each double room with well stocked minibar. Having arrived by train from Rome where I was paying double this fee for anything that approached this quality of hotel, it was refreshing to find a bill so much LOWER than I expected!

Criticisms or negatives? I had none of substance. If you put a gun to my head and asked me to find a drawback I could only think of:

1. The swimming pool was a bit smaller than I expected and taking vigorous exercise swimming lengths would be tough to do here (although there was a great outside rooftop balcony/Bar).

2. Breakfast was fine and perfectly decent - but didn't really blow me away.

3. To start with the hotel was so full and we had booked so late we were in a single room which was slightly cramped; if possible I would recommend trying to get a double. After we moved, we were over the moon - the accommodation was perfect.

4. The town centre was a 10-15 walk which suited us perfectly, but some people might prefer to be right inside the city centre. I would suggest this accommodation is worth the extra stroll though! I don't think there anywhere else in central Grosetto which comes close to this...

Room Tip: Ask for a double away from the road if possible. Single rooms are fine and well equipped but not hug...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The staff was helpful and always friendly. They were a saving grace for this hotel. It was clean and felt like it was trying to be a nice hotel although in grosseto I think it was the nicest hotel around. Spa is extra money we went to the pool and left after finding that it was not clean. there were things floating around and at the time we did not know we paid extra for the spa so we just left. The room was clean and the parking was good although not fully secure. The internet was slow. So slow I could barely research without loosing connection. I tried wireless and ethernet neither was up to usable speeds. They allow pets which is not a good idea. We had a dog scratching and barking in the room next to us late at night. The beach club is good but they dont care about out of town users. We called to book a spot but when we showed up they said we never called. After waiting for 30 minutes they finally gave us a spot but the owner seemed upset we were there. I would not use their beach club again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Zurzach, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times during the last 5 years and have also experienced great hospitality. Location is great and breakfast too. There is a new part to the hotel which is great. Ask for a room in the new part away from the street if possible !

Room Tip: away from the street side
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

It's a true oasis of peace and relax in the Maremma Toscana. Comfort all around, spacious & clean rooms, excellent food, exquisite smiling and caring staff, warm "centro benessere" are only some of the reasons that make the Hotel Airone unforgettable. So close to Etruscan sites, not far away from the sea, conveniently posted between Rome and Florence, it's ideal either for a short visit or a relaxing cultural long holiday. I recommend it highly to my friends in Ireland and around the world.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Airone? Share your experiences!