I won’t say much about Lake Garda as this review is primarily about the hotel, suffice to say, beautiful area, plenty to do/see, friendly locals. Bit wet in October/November but that’s just how it is. If you have to have heat, go in the Summer, if you’re not bothered (like me) it’s less busy later in the year, but the weather is a gamble.
Now, where to start with the Excelsior le Terrazze, there’s a reason why it’s number one in Garda on here!
We had a front balcony room, the view itself was worth every penny of what was in itself a very reasonably priced weeks holiday.
Some might complain the room was small, it really wasn’t, there was plenty of room for us to make a mess in, and a balcony to put wet umbrellas (October/November, umbrella required!) The bed was two singles pushed together, but why would that be a problem, it was a very comfortable bed. Furnishings were fine, décor perfectly good, neutral.
I mention this because it seems to have been an issue with some reviewers, and I don’t really get that.
The place is absolutely spotless, from lobby, to restaurant, to bar, to terrace, to grounds and to pool, the pool wasn’t used all week as it was too cold (and a bit wet on a couple of days!) but it was still cleaned even though it could just as easily have been emptied and made life easier! But a full/clean pool is more attractive to look at than an empty one, so I think that’s why.
The bedroom cleanliness gets a special mention. We got two or three visits from our cleaning fairy most days. Even on days when the rooms were being cleaned whilst at a pre shower breakfast, which means we missed the towel change, we would get them replaced later in the day anyway. The bins would be emptied more than once, and the beds were turned down. When the cleaning Angel met us on the landing she always asked if everything was ok, it always was!
The driveway up to the hotel is very steep, but you know what, that means it’s on the side of a hill and that the view will be even better!
Restaurant, bar and reception staff couldn’t do enough to help and to make our stay as pleasurable and comfortable as possible.
All in all, a hotel that does not charge five star prices, but certainly gives a five star service. I for one can’t wait to go back!
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Le Terrazze Hotel
- Excelsior Le Terrazze Garda
- Hotel Excelsior Le Terrazze Garda/Lake Garda
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Hotel Excelsior Le Terraze opened on the 1st of May, after six months of refurbishing. We have created larger and brighter rooms. Completely soundproofed with high levels of comfort and safety. The restaurant welcomes you in a relaxing and elegant ambiance with high levels of service. Rooms with air-conditioning, minibar, safe, coffee-making facilities, SAT TV, hair dryer. Balconies available. We offer standard, superior and deluxe rooms. Swimming pool with whirlpool, terraces overlooking the lake. Parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Excelsior le Terrazze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.