Most of the previous reviews have done the Excelsior justice and described it very nicely - Joanne W and Hols3 have got it in one. We were there for a week, and booked direct as we wanted a Deluxe Lake View room. The hotel arranged our airport transfers, which were fast and efficient.
We stayed in 408, which was a lovely room with plenty of space and a large bathroom (twin sinks and a double shower). There is enough wardrobe space, with shelving instead of drawers and it took my wife 3 minutes to find the 'hidden' mirror. The terrace is huge, quite private and overlooks the bay. No, it isn't cheap, but I wouldn't expect it to be and you cannot put a price on peace, quiet and that view.
We decided to take the half board option instead of trolling around looking for restaurants. It was a good call, the food was excellent with top marks for the salad buffet. Drinks are not stupid hotel prices, and 5 euro for a massive G&T is fine with me.
The choice for breakfast was great - fresh coffee, every kind of tea, I even got a liking for camomile, honey and vanilla:-), fruits, cereal, three styles of loaf, cheese, ham etc etc. The omelette was lovely (re. another comment - continental bacon is like US bacon, fatty and crispy). We were very good and avoided the prosecco at breakfast.
Without exception the staff were lovely, always smiling and helpful, making our stay even more enjoyable.
Garda is only a few minutes away, the walk on the road is fine, there is a crossing and drivers were more courteous than in the UK. The fast boat ferries are the best way to travel, and good fun. We visited Sirmione, Gardonne and Desenzano and Salo - all very nice. Bardolino is maybe a 2.5m walk along the lakeside promenade.
There was a nice mix of guests and we had some enjoyable evening chats on the terrace over a few glasses of wine:-)
All round a very chilled out week, thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Hotel Excelsior Le Terraze opened on the 1st of May, after six months of refurbishing. We have created larger and brighter rooms. Completely soundproofed with high levels of comfort and safety. The restaurant welcomes you in a relaxing and elegant ambiance with high levels of service. Rooms with air-conditioning, minibar, safe, coffee-making facilities, SAT TV, hair dryer. Balconies available. We offer standard, superior and deluxe rooms. Swimming pool with whirlpool, terraces overlooking the lake. Parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Excelsior le Terrazze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Le Terrazze Hotel
- Excelsior Le Terrazze Garda
- Hotel Excelsior Le Terrazze Garda, Lake Garda