“location, location, location.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 64 Restaurants in Garda
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Attached to the Astoria hotel in Garda.
nottingham
“location, location, location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

nothing to dislike, location perfect, food lovely. menu good , waiters superb, you must eat here.ps it gets very very busy if there is a queue they will sort you out quickly

Visited August 2013

• Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
“Good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

A lively restaurant on the front of Garda lake. The decor is great with a water feature included. We sat on the top level of the restaurant which was lovely. The food was good and the atmosphere was excellent. The staf were extremely efficient. Would go again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Verona, Italy
“Good for families with kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We ate lunch here with some friends visiting us from Australia. The walled garden is a nice retreat from the crowds at the waterfront and the frogs everywhere are a delightful distraction for kids. The staff had excellent language skills but the distracted air of dealing with so many covers at once. The menu covers all bases and all the food we tried was good if not exceptional. Was worth the visit but we wouldn't return on our own, I don't think.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vale of Glamorgan
“Too touristy, poor service and poor quality meal.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Sorry, didn't enjoy my meal here at all. Took ages to get any attention from the waiters. Ordered the mixed meat kebab and was very disappointed as it consisted of a small piece of steak, an overcooked piece of pork, the tiniest overcooked lambchop and 3 sausages!!! served with what looked like a heap of frozen chips. I'm also pretty positive my meal was served to another woman by mistake, sat there for a few minutes while she struggled to alert the waiter, and then it got taken back to the kitchen and then I believe it was served to me - quite cool by this time! My husband ordered the chicken curry, which although he said was nice, it was tiny in size - looked more like a starter dish and wasn't served until I'd virtually given up eating my meal. Stupidly, I complained later when paying - I should have known better - they didn't seem that bothered. Maybe it's a suitable place to take the children with frog statues everywhere and a menu cover which looks like it's designed for children. Disappointed as it was our last night in Garda - wish we'd gone somewhere else.

Visited June 2013
“Best restaurant in Garda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This restaurant was part of our hotel, the Astoria. We hadn't booked full or half board, but ate there a few times as we quickly realised it was the best in town. Great service, lots of space and fabulous food. Best mussels I have had, but fish, pizzas recommended as well. Good value too and well worth a visit

Visited June 2013