“Beautiful beach to have an Aperol on!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Grand Hotel Imperiale to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Imperiale
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mazzini n.20, 55042 Forte Dei Marmi, Italy   |
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Forte Dei Marmi
“Beautiful beach to have an Aperol on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I went to this Private beach which belongs to the Grand Hotel Imperiale at the end of September, during the last few days of the season. The Minerva Beach was so relaxing. The staff was very kind and attentive. The beach club was supervised meaning that when the street sellers came too close to sell their counterfeit bags, a member of staff would come closer to us, which made the hassles leave. We basked in the sun feeling very pleased with the beach club, the aperols and the weather! Ideal for friends and couples!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed here with my partner on a business/pleasure trip. The hotel's own mini bus picked us up from the train station and from the start we were made very welcome. Check in was quick and easy and we were very pleased with our room, although the bath was a little mouldy beneath the marble surround. The hotel in general was very clean and tidy and staff were pleasant and helpful. However the big downside was the extortionate price of drinks at the bar!
Forte dei Marmi itself is a nice town with some nice little bars/restaurants, and a great beach, which I thing is mainly privately owned, however we didn't really stay long enough to explore fully. Most of the shops are designer and a little out of our price range.
Overall, I,ve stayed in better 5* hotels for less. And you need a few spare euro's in your pocket to drink & shop here.

Room Tip: The higher up you are the better the view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Pretty hotel but presidential suite was very, very small! Nice staff, beautiful pretentious town,but you will love it!!
Great biking town! Swimming pool is 4 feet deep and expect to pay
A lot for their beach club - that is not included!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was our second stay at the Grand Hotel Imperiale as we enjoyed it the first time, we were not disappointed. We had two suites one being the Royal suite. Very comfortable, clean, brilliant air con - a must for us who aren't used to hot weather! Beautiful views of mountains and the sea. Very attentive and friendly staff. A short walk to designer shops, restaurants and beach. The pool area is clean and well maintained. We had the pool to ourselves most days so even more perfect! Would highly recommend this 'gold' hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights with our 2 year old son and enjoyed our stay very much. Loved the beach club, it was everything we needed. The life guards helped keep away the beach peddlers which we appreciated. A nice little mini club, our son liked going up to play with the toys. Lunch and beach service was great.
The wall paper selections at the hotel were questionable and not really to my taste. But overall we liked this little albergo. Hard beds and hard pillows were a negative. But they had really nice linens and bath towels and large toiletries. Beautiful marble bathrooms and a good size closet. Close to all the shops and the beach. Overall we were very happy here and enjoyed our stay we cannot wait to come back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I recently posted a review of the hotel which I stayed at in last June and had a wonderful time. I don't know about anyone else but generally hotels make a right mess of providing an internet service which is so essential to enjoying the hotel whether it is for business for pleasure. Well I am pleased to say that the hotel has got it just right......easy log on first time and no future log ons required during the stay. Also no extra charge for fast broadband or for the amount of devices (we had 2 iPhones, an iPad and an iPad Mini). The service works as well around the pool as in the bedroom and also on the beach, I am a seasoned traveller having stayed at One & Onlys, Fours Seasons and the like and none do it better than this hotel..............well done.
Also I like being called by my name and it was gratifying that all of the hotel staff had been trained to do this, it make you feel a bit more special so well done on this as well

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

As a businessman who travels allot, I was compelled to let people know about a certain hotel I recently stayed in that really stood out. Frankly, it’s the best hotel I’ve ever stayed in. It was the Grand Hotel Imperiale in Forte Dei Marmi, Italy. I have stayed in allot of luxury hotels in my travels, but never one quite like this.
Everyone was so accommodating, and I was treated like royalty. When I checked in, I was immediately upgraded from a normal suite to a royal suite. The split level bathroom was divine, and huge. The hot tub was great. There was a living room and bedroom with a little porch where I sat outside and had breakfast every morning. There was total privacy and quiet, and anything I needed, anything at all, was brought up to me instantly.
The shuttle would take me wherever I wanted to go in town, and they always asked where and when I would like to be picked up. Shopping in the town center was glorious. On the second day, I felt like exploring the town, so the concierge hooked me up with a surprisingly nice bicycle, and pointed me toward the beach. It was a beautiful day, and riding through the streets of Tuscany, I really got a sense of what it would be like to live there. From a grandmother yelling and smiling to her daughter who brought groceries, to the wonderful man who invited me into his pizza shop for lunch, it was like going back to a simpler time. I felt so at peace amongst the landscapes, the traditions, and the artistic legacy from the buildings alone. They had my cabana on the beach ready with towels and a drink menu. Perfect! The food was excellent, and the beer was cold.
The next day I did some sightseeing. Tuscany was definitely a permanent influence on high culture, notably, the square of the Cathedral of Pisa. I walked all around Pisa with its Piazza Dei Miracoli and the leaning tower, and then the same day I drove to Lucca, which is a medieval town with ancient medieval walls surrounding the town center.

On my last day, I checked out of the hotel and headed to Rome. I visited San Gimignano, then Siena with its beautiful historical center, and Pienza, which has a typical tuscan landscape: vineyards, olive oil trees and sunflowers. I did some wine tasting there, and I met a lovely couple from Philadelphia, which is near my home town of Pittsburgh.
After seeing all of those beautiful things, I’m surprised at what really stood out. It was the hotel and their wonderful staff. The reception was made up mostly of beautiful women. They spoke English so well, that they were actually joking around with me. All of their recommendations were perfect. It was truly the perfect stay, and if you are ever in Tuscany, this is the best of the best.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business