“Beautiful & expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 43 hotels in Forte Dei Marmi
New York City, New York
“Beautiful & expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Pretty hotel but presidential suite was very, very small! Nice staff, beautiful pretentious town,but you will love it!!
Great biking town! Swimming pool is 4 feet deep and expect to pay
A lot for their beach club - that is not included!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was our second stay at the Grand Hotel Imperiale as we enjoyed it the first time, we were not disappointed. We had two suites one being the Royal suite. Very comfortable, clean, brilliant air con - a must for us who aren't used to hot weather! Beautiful views of mountains and the sea. Very attentive and friendly staff. A short walk to designer shops, restaurants and beach. The pool area is clean and well maintained. We had the pool to ourselves most days so even more perfect! Would highly recommend this 'gold' hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights with our 2 year old son and enjoyed our stay very much. Loved the beach club, it was everything we needed. The life guards helped keep away the beach peddlers which we appreciated. A nice little mini club, our son liked going up to play with the toys. Lunch and beach service was great.
The wall paper selections at the hotel were questionable and not really to my taste. But overall we liked this little albergo. Hard beds and hard pillows were a negative. But they had really nice linens and bath towels and large toiletries. Beautiful marble bathrooms and a good size closet. Close to all the shops and the beach. Overall we were very happy here and enjoyed our stay we cannot wait to come back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I recently posted a review of the hotel which I stayed at in last June and had a wonderful time. I don't know about anyone else but generally hotels make a right mess of providing an internet service which is so essential to enjoying the hotel whether it is for business for pleasure. Well I am pleased to say that the hotel has got it just right......easy log on first time and no future log ons required during the stay. Also no extra charge for fast broadband or for the amount of devices (we had 2 iPhones, an iPad and an iPad Mini). The service works as well around the pool as in the bedroom and also on the beach, I am a seasoned traveller having stayed at One & Onlys, Fours Seasons and the like and none do it better than this hotel..............well done.
Also I like being called by my name and it was gratifying that all of the hotel staff had been trained to do this, it make you feel a bit more special so well done on this as well

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

As a businessman who travels allot, I was compelled to let people know about a certain hotel I recently stayed in that really stood out. Frankly, it’s the best hotel I’ve ever stayed in. It was the Grand Hotel Imperiale in Forte Dei Marmi, Italy. I have stayed in allot of luxury hotels in my travels, but never one quite like this.
Everyone was so accommodating, and I was treated like royalty. When I checked in, I was immediately upgraded from a normal suite to a royal suite. The split level bathroom was divine, and huge. The hot tub was great. There was a living room and bedroom with a little porch where I sat outside and had breakfast every morning. There was total privacy and quiet, and anything I needed, anything at all, was brought up to me instantly.
The shuttle would take me wherever I wanted to go in town, and they always asked where and when I would like to be picked up. Shopping in the town center was glorious. On the second day, I felt like exploring the town, so the concierge hooked me up with a surprisingly nice bicycle, and pointed me toward the beach. It was a beautiful day, and riding through the streets of Tuscany, I really got a sense of what it would be like to live there. From a grandmother yelling and smiling to her daughter who brought groceries, to the wonderful man who invited me into his pizza shop for lunch, it was like going back to a simpler time. I felt so at peace amongst the landscapes, the traditions, and the artistic legacy from the buildings alone. They had my cabana on the beach ready with towels and a drink menu. Perfect! The food was excellent, and the beer was cold.
The next day I did some sightseeing. Tuscany was definitely a permanent influence on high culture, notably, the square of the Cathedral of Pisa. I walked all around Pisa with its Piazza Dei Miracoli and the leaning tower, and then the same day I drove to Lucca, which is a medieval town with ancient medieval walls surrounding the town center.

On my last day, I checked out of the hotel and headed to Rome. I visited San Gimignano, then Siena with its beautiful historical center, and Pienza, which has a typical tuscan landscape: vineyards, olive oil trees and sunflowers. I did some wine tasting there, and I met a lovely couple from Philadelphia, which is near my home town of Pittsburgh.
After seeing all of those beautiful things, I’m surprised at what really stood out. It was the hotel and their wonderful staff. The reception was made up mostly of beautiful women. They spoke English so well, that they were actually joking around with me. All of their recommendations were perfect. It was truly the perfect stay, and if you are ever in Tuscany, this is the best of the best.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Beautiful hotel. We were pleasantly surprised by the free of charge room upgrade - we received Suite with a marvelous balcony. The service in the hotel is excellent as well as the dishes offered in the hotel's restaurant at the evening. The location is very good. The weather in September was warm and we had a wonderful time. So, although usually we do not visit the same place again, we would be glad to come back here.

Room Tip: The view of sea side rooms are the best
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Monaco, Monaco, Monaco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We knew we wanted to go to Forte dei Marmi, which is a lovely beach resort and ideal for a family with kids. Hotels in Italy can be hit or miss, as you all know, so we took a bit of a gamble picking this one which we found on the internet with little research. We arrived and were allocated two large suites (one upgrade) for a special off season rate. The rooms had nice balconies and were fully kitted out, except no soap in the rooms. They offered complimentary bikes although make sure you "reserve" yours for the duration of your stay else you find "yours" taken by someone else who got there earlier the next day. The staff were very nice and helpful and always smiling. The hotel pool in the back was heated and kids loved it.
I must warn you not to order any room service though as the charge is EUR 15 to EUR 20 each time they bring up a plate or even a glass of milk. I complained and the charge was removed, but this is a real trap.
The spa was small but nice, including Turkish hammam, sauna, jacuzzi (not so nice) and treatments which my wife said were excellent.
The best part was the location, which is literally a 3 minute walk from the central shopping area. The hotel also has access to the beach with its own beach club. Again, the charge for a tent is high considering it is hotel-owned and should be complimentary.
All in all, great hotel but a few pitfalls to be avoided.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Grand Hotel Imperiale? Share your experiences!