“Was so surprised that I liked this hotel so much” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Atlantico
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Torino 2, 55042 Forte Dei Marmi, Italy   |
Ranked #41 of 43 Hotels in Forte Dei Marmi
nyc
“Was so surprised that I liked this hotel so much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

!00 US people went for a birthday party of a friend who spends the summer in Forte dei Marni. Most of the people chose 5 star hotels but being on a budget I chose a 4 star hotel The location was perfect, I could walk to town and was near all the best beach clubs. My room was small but had a sweet little terrace with the view of the sea. The best part of the hotel for me was the room was absolutely spotless and the maid on the floor kept it that way. I tipped her well when I left. I took breakfast there which was fine and all the help in the hotel are young and very accommodating. If you are looking for a reasonable hotel I would choose this one. If you want privacy to sun bathe the roof is great for sun bathing or a drink in the evening. Across the street the Vasco Beach Club has great food for lunch.

Room Tip: a room with a view of the see
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

What a wonderful place Forte dei Marmi is - very very special indeed. Although the curse of the coastline HAS to be the ghastly silhouette of the Hotel Atlantico. It really should be razed as architecturally it is incredibly unsatisfying to the eye and a drag on such a cosmopolitan, clean and vibrant community. Okay so remember now, it's a recession so we're all cost conscious, we're downgrading our class of hotels from time to time, we must recalibrate our expectations mustn't we? Yes. Bottom line, this place was ugly from the outside, in a very good location just opposite the beach (probably the only thing keeping it alive), the lobby was orange orange orange - think the worst type of orange color imaginable and then you get more when you go into your room, more disgusting bright orange and brown carpet - orange and brown people, need I say more? Yes, I must, I can't help myself, I'm salivating at the thought of the loose knit nylon thread uniforms that the staff were squeezing into (most likely with the help of fishing line and olive oil). Once you get passed the uniforms (royal blue of course), the staff were actually quite helpful. Although strangely no english speakers were attending during check out or checkin - italian, french and german - no english. As it turns out the hotel gets a lot of business from German tour bus operators. Beds were uncomfortable, blanket was thin, old and mean. Bathroom super clean as a plus. Plenty of in room storage space for long stay guests. A couple of great restaurants near by, but all in all they really should level this place or do a major refit and redecoration as the location is just too good to waste on what is a hotel stuck in the mid seventies.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Atlantico? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Atlantico

Address: Via Torino 2, 55042 Forte Dei Marmi, Italy
Location: Italy > Tuscany > Province of Lucca > Forte Dei Marmi
Bar / Lounge Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service
Ranked #41 of 43 Hotels in Forte Dei Marmi
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel Atlantico 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Atlantico, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.