“Lovely Hotel - Incredibly Helpful Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Hermitage
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Via C Battisti 50, 55042 Forte Dei Marmi, Italy   |
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Forte Dei Marmi
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel - Incredibly Helpful Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

My family have been going to Forte Dei Marmi for a number of years and recently we have been staying at the Hermitage.
The rooms are extremely comfortable and the food is lovely. Overall it's a wonderful hotel for a fabulous family holiday.
What really sets this hotel apart is the incredible staff. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and the staff at the Hermitage are amongst the best, the most friendly and most helpful I have met. I would like to make a special mention to Genaro and Guiseppe who did so much for us and really went out of their way.
Congratulations to The Hermitage and I'm looking forward to many more summers there.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have been going back to the Hermitage Hotel with my family year after year for 17 years.
It is an excellently family-run hotel with superb facilities. The swimming pool and garden area is beautifully kept and the restaurant with it's friendly waiters will not send you to bed hungry. The beach club as you will discover is amongst the best on the Versilia.
Visiting is like coming home and I throughly reccommend staying at the Hermitage if you decide to sun yourself in Forte.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nuremberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hermitage in June 2011. The room was big and clean with no carpet (a must for us). The view wasn't amazing as we were on the 'back' side of the hotel but nothing to complain about.

The hotel interior was light, clean and well designed. Old fashioned in a comfy but stylish way.

The pool area was a highlight as it was empty most of the day with good service and a steady supply of Aperol..

Restaurant was very good but portions were over large (not necessarily bad).

We spent a couple of days at the beach of the sister hotel (Augustiner I think) with was incridbly relaxing with spot on service. I should be as there is a 100EUR per day charge to access the beach. Worth it for a couple of days but not daily when the pool at the hotel was so nice.

We will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Very impressed with every aspect of this Hotel. We have just returned from 4 nights at The Hermitage. The staff are very welcoming and helpful, our room was well appointed and extremely clean, breakfast is served outside whilst the weather is good and the evening meal - well what can I say - this is what Italian food is all about, absolutely divine! Because it was not high season the pool area was very quiet, so you could choose where to sit or lie down - not quite sure what it will be like when it's busy. We went down to the beach on the free minibus where you treated like royalty. Be aware of the cost of eating down at the beach - it is very expensive and from the 6th July there is a charge of approx 90 euros a day to go on the beach. It isn't often that we would go back to the same hotel, but we shall definitly go back to The Hermitage.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I was here for three nights for a short break and it's a very nice hotel, not directly on the beachfront, a dedicated shuttle will take you to thebeach reserved for guests, wellfurnished and luxurious rooms, great value for money.

• Stayed June 2011
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

The hotel was situated in a residential part of the town about a 20min saunter from the shops etc. We found the staff very friendly & even the Nicolas Cage look alike managed the odd smile. The food was excellent and plenty of choice..The beach club at the sister hotel could not be faulted but we were glad the charges were included as it could have proved to be a costly holiday otherwise
On the downside the drinks were very expensive & it did appear that charges varied depending on who served you. My only other complaint was the room which although it was kept very clean & serviced twice a day was very dark & had a beautiful view of the fire escape
Admittedly they do not charge a single supplement but I did feel that I was perhaps a second class guest.
But on the whole the holiday lived up to expectations & I would return but avoid room 104

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Cannock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We have just returned from a two week holiday at this hotel. The write up in the Citalia brochure looked fantastic as we have a 5 year old and a baby 10 months. When we arrived at the hotel it was very evident that the staff (especially the reception and concierge staff) had end of season blues. We were shown to our room which was dark next to the boiler room, next to the staff quarters which came with a constant stench of cigarettes and we had a terrace that we paid extra for and a meter in front of that was a hedge! I went back to the Nicholls Cage look alike on the concierge who gave the 'shoulder shrug' and said "we are full madam" so they said that they would come back to us tomorrow, that day never came! So we were stuck in the most awful room for two weeks, we had a broken toilet seat, plug sockets hanging off the wall, draws that when you pulled them, they fell off in your hand. We asked the reception manager (penfold) and his lady assistant a couple of things during our stay and they did their very best to be as unhelpful as possible. I have never experienced Front of House staff quite like it! We approached the Gen Manager about the room (as they had bigger rooms with a terrace at the other side of this hotel) when i described our room, he agreed!!! Then he said that Citalia are allocated 10 rooms and they arent the nice ones basically!!!! They are kept for FULL PAYING GUESTS! So what on earth are we then? The food wasnt great and the menu was repetative, the head waiter and his side kick seem to have their favourites and I feel are complacent. The variety and layout of the food for breakfast is poor in comparison to other hotels we have stayed in in Italy, and dont ask for an egg for goodness sake, mine came Raw and the head waiter was really cheesed off he had do do another one. Also, they forgot our Childrens Salmon that I had ordered for them, and when I asked the waiter he said, "Salmon is no good for Children Madam!" Errrm I think I will be the judge of that thanks! The resort is great if you are a Wealthy Russian as there seemed to be lots around! There are many footballers, Football Managers, Opera Singers etc etc that have Villas here and I think this hotel is hanging on to the reputation of the area to carry them through, with their fingernails. There are many families that have been going to this hotel for years, and to be honest we cant really see why. The shops in resort are Gucci Prada, Roberto Cavali etc etc and its great if thats your equivallent of Marks and Spencers! The beach was lovely but we had the Tent and chairs included, otherwise your talking around £200 a day for hire! Lunch there cost us 99 Euros for a two salads, a wine a beer and a toastie and a juice for my eldest son! The beach put any charges through to the hotel, so guess what our final bull was, 1600 Euros for two week, we dont drink a lot or eat lots, this was just lunches and drinks with dinner. Oh and bike hire for the day is 45 euros and we were soooooo embarrased as our bike was literally falling apart, no way worth the money for hire, in fact most of the hotel bikes were the same. Overall, a very poor hotel not worth 4 stars, they need to clear the staff out and redecorate the rooms and revise the menu and wave a wand over their buffet. My advise, would be dont stay here, if you are looking for a hotel their is one called the Villa Roma Imperiale which is simply stunning with lovely staff and amazing decor, this IS a 4 Star Hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Hermitage? Share your experiences!