I just came back from a one week stay at this hotel in Forte dei Marmi.
The hotel is charming and of typically Toscany style. Our room was of decent size and our terrace was as big as the room which was really great, although on the first floor only, we had an ever so slight sea view. There are positive sides to this hotel and negative sides as well. Also, it does not feel like a 4 star hotel but rather like a 3 star hotel and I have travelled around the world so able to compare it to both lower and higher rated hotels I have stayed at. Be prepared to be treated differently than the Italian guests as they have priority although the hotel's policy is that there is no such thing as A guests and B guests, right?! That remains debatable...
- Charming and clean hotel
- great and well maintained pool and pool area
- cheaper rate to rent a bicycle through hotel than in one of the bicycle rental places in Forte Dei Marmi (although the bikes are not as well maintained - see negative)
- nice breakfast although repetitive after a week
- rooms are cleaned quickly and early to a decent standard
- food is decent and well proportioned
- most staff are really friendly and helpful whilst others are plainly rude to you if you express your dissatisfaction
- nice residential area and quiet at night due the town's roads being mostly traffic free at night unless you have residential access.
- able to park your car (do not know whether it is free or not as I did not use this service)
- hotel shuttle going to town centre I would assume (did not use this service either)
- air conditioned rooms (don't like it myself so turned it off during the whole stay)
- most staff speak English or at least try their best whilst others just simply don't like the manager of the hotel
- staff can be quite rude at times and unhelpful (reception, head waiter and the lifeguard)
- the pool is so well maintained that it is treated daily at 19.00 so guests are unable to use it until the morning which is a shame as summer days are nice, long and hot and using the pool until at least 20.00 would be lovely and very much needed after long excursions
- the gym is small and has only one bike and a step machine, free weights and a weights machine and two thin mats, these are not new at all and the machine displays did not work when I used them.
- the bikes provided are poorly maintained as ours were dirty, the tyres were slightly flat after a few days of usage etc... but the price is cheaper than bike rental shops so you get what you pay for.
- food not very varied and twice very salty (I would not choose half board again as it gets boring and there are so many great other restaurants around to try)
- beverage prices very high so go to the local shop and buy your own drinks except at dinner time
- no fresh juices at breakfast, only from machine dispenser, the pastries in Italy are called brioches but do not taste like French crispy pastries nor brioches as they are hard and dry but try them and see for yourself
- for some people, the hotel might be a bit far away from the centre. For us it was fine and close to our usual beach club (Bagno Dalmazia, the best is Forte dei Marmi!!!) and we did not mind the bike rides to and from the city centre
- although rooms are supposedly soundproofed, you do get disturb by the next door rooms as the doors make a loud noise when they close and there is a slight echo in the corridors so if kids shout and scream, you then hear it in your room
- info folder in our room was incomplete and inconsistent so impossible to know the prices and information about certain services without asking the reception
- be aware of where they put you to eat for dinner from the start as you can easily end up dining each evening in the busy corridor by the kitchen if they are fully booked with big families and you end up eating inside in the passage way whilst others enjoy dinner on the terrace by the pool (make a fuss and they should eventually move you but the next days might be difficult in terms of getting quality service)
- beds are hard and only provided with one sheet and the bed spread to sleep with
- TVs are small and old fashion but Sky is available at a cost
An overall nice stay in a charming hotel which could be better if certain staff members were polite and helpful at all times and if they were more organised. The food could be more varied, the pool opened/available longer. Would not stay there again myself but I can see the appeal of this hotel.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.