“Good choice in Forte dei Marmi” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Ritz
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Flavio Gioia 2, 55042 Forte Dei Marmi, Italy   |
Ranked #26 of 43 hotels in Forte Dei Marmi
Istanbul, Turkey
“Good choice in Forte dei Marmi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Location: On the beach, and 5-6 minutes walk to the centre of Forte dei Marmi.

Parking: Free- I parked on the side street by the Hotel Entrance but there is also a gated parking at the back.

Check in: Fast and polite. I arrived late, but they were expecting me.

Room: Somewhat larger than similar class Italian hotels. The large flat screen TV with HD channels is really nice . I don't see it very often in hotels in Italy. Room was a little too warm, and I kept the window slightly open all times, but it may be just me, because I find most hotel rooms a bit warmer to my taste.

Bathroom : Large enough with all the amenities provided .

Cleanliness: Sheets and towels were clean. So was the bathroom. They provided two pairs of slippers and bathrobes too.

Wi-fi: Pretty fast and seamless to connect.

Restaurants: Hotel restaurant was closed for renovation, but front desk recommended the fancy restaurant across the street where I had a delicious late dinner the first night I arrived.

Breakfast: Buffet was good enough with fresh orange juice and good coffee , in addition they made scrambled eggs for me with no extra cost. I really like the hotel when staff goes out of their way even a little bit to make you happier.

Price: It was off-season rate, so quite reasonable for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Deal, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

we come back year after year, this is our favorite..the staff is so helpful that it becomes your family.. they are so nice...the location is superb and the food is delicious..your perfect getaway hotel..The Tawils

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

As a female traveling alone it is important to find a place where you feel safe. The excellent family run hotel was just what was needed. Friendly and helpful staff always on hand to help but always left you alone when you preferred to relax. The bartender has a great selection of stories and the owner himself was always nearby with a smile and handy hints. Great food in the restaurant, clean rooms and lovely poolside. Perfectly relaxing and I would highly recommend visiting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed in the Duchessa Viscounti suite which had two balconies. It was pleasant but as with the rest of the hotel things are a little old & in need of refreshment. Breakfast which is always a highlight of our stay was v disappointing so actually for our last few days we either went to a local cafe or to Principe - the new Russian owned luxury property a couple of blocks up - which to be honest we wished we'd booked instead.

• Stayed June 2012
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Just recently returned from our fourth stay at The Ritz Hotel in Forte dei Marmi.
Every time my husband and I go back to the Ritz, it is like going home......we are always greeted by both the Proprietor, his family, and the staff as if we'd just been gone for a trip abroad and are now returning back "home". Frequent travelers, it is this trip every year that we look forward to the most.
The proprietor of the property is always at hand to assist with directions to close by cities along
with helpful restaurant and shopping tips. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful with any assistance we might need and we just adore them. The bartender is always at hand to make pre-dinner cocktails and entertain you with a story. The beautiful and generously sized pool is extremely well maintained and a delightful alternative to the sea which is located directly across the road. The restaurants and shopping district is easliy assessible either by walking or by the nice selection of bicycles that The Ritz has to offer. What could be more idiyllic than staying in this lovely family run hotel, directly across from the sea, and be able to go through one's entire holiday without ever getting in the car and driving?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Booked the hotel thru commercial website and we
found a perfect location, staff very friendly and a family room for 4 persons.
I have stayed three times in Forte dei
Marmi and this was definite the best location 4 stars for 2 adults and 2 children in off season period. Hotel very well entertained and 10 minutes walking from shopping and restaurant district. Best regards federico

• Stayed May 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I found the staff very cordial and helpful, the sea view room was a decent size, clean with a great shower and amenities. The hotel has a fleet of pedal bikes and a small courtesy vehicle. The beach is 100 feet and the town center a few blocks away so the location is great.

When we arrived booking.com had not notified the hotel, I would strongly advise NOT to use booking.com as the rate I was quoted walking in was far less than I paid through booking.com do not use them just call the hotel which I will do when I am in town next.

Great hotel in every way.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Ritz? Share your experiences!