The best thing about this hotel is it's small size. It is the intimate scale that helps make the overall high level of luxury at this property not seem overbearing.
The highlights: Friendly staff who are quick to remember your name à la Four Seasons, exquisite and well-sized rooms, a very pragmatic breakfast concept that allows you adapt according to mood without the wastefulness of most buffet setups, unparalleled people-watching at the phenomenal sky bar, loads of little decks and corners with sofas to hide yourself away with a book or do a little internet surfing on the very good free wifi, and perfectly located to explore the resort on foot or on the supplied bicycles (didn't touch the car all weekend!).
Also, don't miss the nearby Marechario beach club, which has the same high standards of guest services as the hotel and you can charge everything to the room. While away the afternoon in one of their cabanas, and do try their salt crusted sea bass washed down by a refreshing yet still engaging Livio Felluga Sauvignon from Friuli.
Back in the hotel, just a few small gripes: the unnecessarily-complicated mood lighting settings, an in-room climate control with a mind of its own, trendy but impractical bathroom layout (too much glass not enough privacy), and inattentive spa service (towels left lying around after guests had left, empty drinks service, forgot to turn on the steam room, and the like).
Overall a top recommendation, indeed after this my second stay, I would have to declare it my current favorite hotel on the whole French/ Italian riviera.
- Also Known As:
- Principe Forte Dei Marmi Hotel
- Principe Forte Dei Marmi Hotel Forte Dei Marmi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The serenity and elegance of the building continues on the floors above where 28 individually designed bedrooms with glass fronted bathrooms can be found. Each one gives a sense of freedom and sophistication. The materials used in the common areas and bedrooms are limited to wood, natural stone, neutral textiles, leather and a great deal of glass to create transparency, elegant simplicity and ease. Bedroom facilities: complimentary Wi-Fi and mini-bar. A wine cellar / fridge has also been placed in each room for guests who wish to enjoy champagne or pre-dinner drinks in the comfort of their own room. The hotel is set in the ideal location for exploring the Tuscan Riveria and is also a stone’s throw away from the major landmarks of the region. Just 45 minutes away guests can visit the stunning coastline at Cinque Terre and Portofino which are ideal for day trips and for guests who wish to experience these other popular beachside spots. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tablet Hotels, Splendia, LHW, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Principe Forte dei Marmi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.