In a country where there is only a very limited tradition of outstanding hotels, the Prinicipe turns up as a surprising benchmark. Sure, there is the notorious Pelicano further down the coast. There you will find more class, a more upscale clientèle, and a real tradition of luxury. Here however, despite the eclectic mix of Forte dei Marmi clientèle, the Principe serves up a pleasing mix of very modern decor, truly excellent service, and real comfort. The hotel only opened a couple of years ago. Whilst not exactly "design" in the highest sense of the term, it is slick, clean and pleasing, if not always functional. The bar on the roof is a stunner, overlooking the whole coast. Complimenti to the management, who are running a tight ship - something which is hard to do here. Be careful of prices in the summer - they are too high.
- Also Known As:
- Principe Forte Dei Marmi Hotel
- Principe Forte Dei Marmi Hotel Forte Dei Marmi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The serenity and elegance of the building continues on the floors above where 28 individually designed bedrooms with glass fronted bathrooms can be found. Each one gives a sense of freedom and sophistication. The materials used in the common areas and bedrooms are limited to wood, natural stone, neutral textiles, leather and a great deal of glass to create transparency, elegant simplicity and ease. Bedroom facilities: complimentary Wi-Fi and mini-bar. A wine cellar / fridge has also been placed in each room for guests who wish to enjoy champagne or pre-dinner drinks in the comfort of their own room. The hotel is set in the ideal location for exploring the Tuscan Riveria and is also a stone’s throw away from the major landmarks of the region. Just 45 minutes away guests can visit the stunning coastline at Cinque Terre and Portofino which are ideal for day trips and for guests who wish to experience these other popular beachside spots. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, LHW, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Principe Forte dei Marmi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.