“Fantastic dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Finland
“Fantastic dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Tivoli in January 2014 while visiting Cortina on a skiing holiday. We chose the six-course tasting menu which included, among other things, raw lobster, pumpkin soup with truffles, beetroot risotto with prawns and venison.

In all honesty, we were slightly apprehensive after reading some of the reviews on TA and also because in our experience some Michelin-starred restaurants just don't provide a worthwhile experience for the money. Luckily, we were utterly wrong when it came to Tivoli!

The food was good, inventively presented but lacking the pretentious gimmicks that, again, sometimes seem to accompany a star. The service was top-notch, considerate and friendly but without being snooty or snobbish.

We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and the restaurant staff, including the chef himself (!), went out of their way to make us feel special with lots of surprises and small touches. Thank you so much to you all!

Taxi from the the town center was 12 euros going to the restaurant and 15 euros coming back.

The only thing I didn't particularly fancy (on ethical grounds) was the fact that there was foie gras in many of the dishes. I don't understand why some restaurants still keep putting it everywhere. Also, the portions were big considering how many there were and tea came in your ordinary office tea bags (although, in all honesty, bad tea seemed to be the norm everywhere in Cortina).

The price? It came to around 360 euros for the two of us, including two tasting menus, a bottle of sparkling wine, a bottle of red wine, a coffee and tea and water. Yes, it's a lot of money but the experience we had was definitely worth it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Berlin, Connecticut
“Just loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

It could be the skiing or the fresh air but most likely it was the quality and the service.
We did dinner here with a bunch of friends after a nice day of skiing. All had the tasting menu with some very nice wine.
Service was tops this nights as was all the food.
What can I say? I definitely will be back. Enjoy.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Going back to haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Once a year I go to race old timers in cortina (for the last 5y) I don't know any more if it's because the beautiful race and people on it or it's to visit tivoli. It's a small wood house just on the border of cortina. You go in walking next to the kitchen and into a simple nice space but nothing is simple... The food is one of the best I he'd in my life and the service 2. I recommend the testing Manu so you can have a bit of all... Don't miss it if you are around .

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lisbon, Portugal
“Very good food, nice ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great dinner.
The food was perfect, the ambiance very nice and the service is helpfull
I believe Tivoli is the best in town

Visited March 2013
Venice, Italy
“Dine in Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to this magical place on top of Cortina, where I would go on a weekly basis, if I were only rich enough. This michelin star restaurant is the perfect balance between highly refined food, yet still tasty and identifyable, in a really cozy setting with a welcoming and relaxed staff. So it's not stiff, which is what you often find in restaurants in Cortina. The chef, Graziano is an explorer / artist in the kitchen, and especially the venison and fish dishes are mindblowing. Don't choose your own wine, but leave it to their sommerlier, who is excellent and managed to introduce us faily unknown wines which were delicious (obviously a different one for each plate:-). Execellent customer service and without any doubt, my favourite restaurant in Italy, and perhaps even in Europe.

• Visited December 2012