“Beautiful hotel in Cortina !” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Pontechiesa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Marangoni, 3, 32043 Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy   |
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Cortina d'Ampezzo
Detroit, Michigan
“Beautiful hotel in Cortina !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We love skiing and we managed this year to come all the way to Cortina to enjoy a week of skiing vacation. The first impression is that this is a very cozy hotel and the people working were very polite. Our room had a great view of the mountain and our room had all the amenities we needed for a comfortable stay. The restaurant had great food and the service was excellent. Look forward to visiting this place again !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Pontechiesa for a week over New Years to ski. Our Italian wasn't great but we tried as best we could. When we arrived (late due to travel problems) we were not given a warm welcome. No introduction about the hotel, meal times, ski and boot locker facilities or even a map of the town, which we had come to expect from previous places we had stayed in Italy despite a language barrier.

Throughout the rest of the week, we found most of the hotel/restaurant staff to be helpful and friendly and our room was very well serviced/ The behavior of the manager continued to be rude to the very end despite our many efforts to be friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Nutley, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We are a family of four who spent three nights here in July 2012 with mezza-pensione, and liked it very much. Great location in Cortina--only a 5 minute walk to the centro, but far enough out that there are beautiful unobstructed views of the mountains from every balcony (by far my favorite thing about this hotel! I loved my balcony!) Lovely little outdoor garden with some playthings for children, and some space for them to run around.
Our room was very comfortable and spacious enough for us all and a nice big bathroom. Very clean and pleasantly decorated with the light wood that seems to be typical of this area. Lots of common areas in the hotel including a bar and game room. Nothing luxurious, but very comfortable.
Meals here were very good. The breakfast spread was ample and very good. We enjoyed our dinners as well. Always a good menu selection (4 options each night for primo and secondo in addition to all the buffet items--antipasto, insalata, cheeses, desserts). This was not haute cuisine, but the food was definitely very good, and we looked forward to our meals. It was really nice not to have to worry about where we were going to have dinner every night. The service at meals was also always very good and very professional.
It seems to be an older clientele who frequents this hotel. At times, I felt a bit uncomfortable with the two little kids--they are generally quite well-behaved, but for some reason, I can't quite put my finger on it...I didn't always feel 100% welcomed. Nothing that would lead me to discourage a family from staying here--it met our needs perfectly, and they even had a bed rail for my 3 yr old daughter's bed. I guess it was just a much more reserved politeness that we encountered from the staff rather than a free and easy friendliness. Perhaps this is just the American in me speaking!
In the end, I can positively recommend this hotel as a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chapin, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

My wife and I from the USA and another couple from Canada spent two enjoyable weeks skiing in the Dolomites while we stayed at the Pontechiesa. We had breakfast and dinner included. The meals were wonderful and served by an attentive staff. The hotel is family owned, small, and weep appointed. Emanuela and her staff Mirco and Carlo were most helpful. The hotel is quiet on the edge of town ..a 5 minute walk to the center and a 2 minute walk to the ski bus.
Great value ... We would stay there again

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Pontechiesa last September for five days while we hiked in the area. The staff at the hotel were always quite friendly and helpful. Even the few on the staff who did not speak English were patient with us and helped get answers to our questions.

The breakfast buffet was extensive with fantastic croissants and often with some of the cakes left over from the night before to satisfy my sweet tooth. The coffee was delicious.
The dinner was very good and the portions were generous. Dessert was a buffet that I could not believe. My only regret is that I wasn't able to try everything available over the five dinners.

There is a pretty garden next to a stream with swings and chairs to lounge on after a day of hiking. It is very peaceful there - a short walk to the center of town but without all the noise.

The rooms and bathrooms are comfortable and our top floor room had a roomy balcony.

When we come back to Cortina we will be sure to stay at the Pontechiesa again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New York, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Three of us shared a room at the Pontechiesa on a ski break last February. The room was not huge, but was perfectly comfortable. The furniture is simple, alpine design. I found the place quite charming and cozy. It's close to, but not right in the center, of town. Convenient to the restaurants and shops, as well as two of the lifts. Service was good, if not overly friendly. The breakfast spread is impressive. And they also serve lunch and dinner (though admittedly, our dinner was mediocre).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Pontechiesa? Share your experiences!