“sempre molto contenti :-))” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Meuble Royal
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Stazione 2, 32043 Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy   |
Ranked #51 of 52 Hotels in Cortina d'Ampezzo
Vienna, Austria
“sempre molto contenti :-))”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Perfectly located, beautiful hotel, very friendly welcome,
we have enjoyed many beautifu holiday stays over 15 years,
and look forward to continuing!

rooms are small, but the lounge areas are very spacious and comfortable, and the centro città location, close also to the ski bus, is unbeatable for a real Cortina feeling.

eva peter & her family

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Describing myself as a ski addicted, I am sure that this hotel meets my expectations for my ski holidays:
1. Good value for money
2. Rich breakfast
3. Peaceful place to calm down after an exhausted ski day.
4. Free WiFi
5. Great location
6. Friendly staff

I would definitely come back...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pozzuoli, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

There are no really "cheap" hotels in Cortina. Having said that this turned out to be a good value. Located in the heart of Cortina on the pedestrian mall it was perfect as a jumping off point for shopping, dining at any number of very good ristorantes and just being a part of the vibrant city life. The ski shuttle is within easy walking distance. We parked our car here without charge and drove to the lifts each day. The room was well maintained typical no frills ski-decor, the morning breakfast more than enough to keep one going through lunch on the slopes and the (multi-lingual) staff very helpful. I would have liked the availability of a hot tub, but that was not a deal breaker. Certainly I would stay here again given the opportunity. Doctor Z 2013

Room Tip: Either one chooses a hotel downtown with access to all that is CORTINA or one closer to the slopes w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My family and I had only 3 days to visit Cortina for the first time and to enjoy the snow activities. The location of the hotel was perfect, were the best restaurants, shops and the places to buy the skipass and to pick up the bus to the various snow facilities are located. You need no car to enjoy the city and the snow to the best, whilst we had one and parked at the hotel parking are for free. The wifi internet is also for free. The breakfast was also very nice and the service was perfect. I will be back there for sure.

Room Tip: We suggest to book a superior room. We made our booking at the last minute and picked up the simples...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel Meuble Royal is located in the city center of Cortina. Everything you need is just around the corner.
The staff is service minded and friendly.
We had superior quality room to a reasonable price. Breakfast is as expected for a hotel of this category in Italy.
Free WiFi avaliable in certain areas.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brunswick, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Spent four nights here at the end of July while climbing the Via Ferrata in the area. The staff was fantastically helpful and accommodating. The hotel has a very cozy feel to it. The rooms are ski lodge style with exposed wood and ample storage space. The bed is very comfortable but to be honest after climbing all day anything horizontal is comfortable. Breakfast was continental style with some of the best croissants I've had.

The best point this hotel has going for it is location location location. Set smack in the center of town and the main walking street. It's a shoppers delight.

I did read a review on here saying the the staff was rude and never smiled but to the contrary every time I met them they were pleasant, spoke great english and were most helpful picking out routs for my climbing. At one point I was in a bind having soiled all of my climbing clothes and unable to find a single (non dry cleaning) laundry facility in Cortina, the staff not only cleaned and folded my clothes within a few hours but did it free of charge. I have nothing but mad love for the staff at the Hotel Meuble Royal.

Room Tip: Fantastic price from Kayak.com and probably one of the best values in Cortina.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Cortina d'Ampezzo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

My family and I spent two nights at the Royal this July. It was our first time in Cortina, and we don't know the city, so I wanted a centrally-located place. Economy was important. Four of us were quite comfortable and not really crowded at all in a quad room. A comment by one reviewer mentioned that there was parking at the hotel, which was otherwise hard to come by in the city center, and that was also important.

Our experience was very, very good. The management could answer any questions we had about the city, and the reception area was friendly and professional. My only disappointment was that, upon arrival, I was told that there were no parking places available--all full--and that we would need to use a public lot. When I mentione to the person at reception that I had chosen the Royal partly because I had thought that parking was available, she made a quick decision, which meant that we could park our car but needed to leave our keys with her so that it could be moved whenever necessary, since it would be blocking other cars in the hotel lot. That turned out to work very, very well--since we didn't intend to use the car until we were ready to check out. So, all in all, we were very pleased with the Royal.

There are numerous restaurants in the same block as the hotel. It is just 5 minutes' (if that) walk to the bus station, where one catches the bus for transportation to the various nearby trekking areas. It is in the very center of lively Cortina. The breakfasts are great.

I would definitely recommend the Royal to anyone who wants a convenient, comfortable, reasonably-priced place in Cortina.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Hotel Meuble Royal? Share your experiences!