“Location Location Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 52 Hotels in Cortina d'Ampezzo
Brunswick, Maine
“Location Location Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Spent four nights here at the end of July while climbing the Via Ferrata in the area. The staff was fantastically helpful and accommodating. The hotel has a very cozy feel to it. The rooms are ski lodge style with exposed wood and ample storage space. The bed is very comfortable but to be honest after climbing all day anything horizontal is comfortable. Breakfast was continental style with some of the best croissants I've had.

The best point this hotel has going for it is location location location. Set smack in the center of town and the main walking street. It's a shoppers delight.

I did read a review on here saying the the staff was rude and never smiled but to the contrary every time I met them they were pleasant, spoke great english and were most helpful picking out routs for my climbing. At one point I was in a bind having soiled all of my climbing clothes and unable to find a single (non dry cleaning) laundry facility in Cortina, the staff not only cleaned and folded my clothes within a few hours but did it free of charge. I have nothing but mad love for the staff at the Hotel Meuble Royal.

Room Tip: Fantastic price from Kayak.com and probably one of the best values in Cortina.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cortina d'Ampezzo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

My family and I spent two nights at the Royal this July. It was our first time in Cortina, and we don't know the city, so I wanted a centrally-located place. Economy was important. Four of us were quite comfortable and not really crowded at all in a quad room. A comment by one reviewer mentioned that there was parking at the hotel, which was otherwise hard to come by in the city center, and that was also important.

Our experience was very, very good. The management could answer any questions we had about the city, and the reception area was friendly and professional. My only disappointment was that, upon arrival, I was told that there were no parking places available--all full--and that we would need to use a public lot. When I mentione to the person at reception that I had chosen the Royal partly because I had thought that parking was available, she made a quick decision, which meant that we could park our car but needed to leave our keys with her so that it could be moved whenever necessary, since it would be blocking other cars in the hotel lot. That turned out to work very, very well--since we didn't intend to use the car until we were ready to check out. So, all in all, we were very pleased with the Royal.

There are numerous restaurants in the same block as the hotel. It is just 5 minutes' (if that) walk to the bus station, where one catches the bus for transportation to the various nearby trekking areas. It is in the very center of lively Cortina. The breakfasts are great.

I would definitely recommend the Royal to anyone who wants a convenient, comfortable, reasonably-priced place in Cortina.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed here for one night on short notice on Easter Sunday. Hotel was closing the next day, but you would not have known it, the staff were friendly and not just putting in time.

the room was fine - we got a small "suite", beds comfortable and bathroom. Each floor seemed to have a large common sitting room that looked over the square.

Nice central place, imagine in season it might be overpriced but I suspect that much is in Cortina.

Would recommend a stay, nothing fancy just nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
La Jolla, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011 via mobile

I stayed there a couple of nights during Christmas Holydays, the location is good for bars and shopping but everything else is terrible... The employees are rude and they never smile. Arrogants at night when you get back from bars, or when you ask for you car. Fool of kids screaming soccer corus... It is full of other better hotels in Cortina! It's worth looking for!

• Stayed December 2011
Jackson, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

The Royal was somewhat average - the rooms were basic and the firm beds left a bit to be desired. On the plus side, the hotel has an excellent location in the center of town, they have parking right there, and the breakfast is nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Manhattan NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

I was a little worried about this hotel after my boyfriend booked it because I read that there were noise problems, but we were given a room (#6) that faced the back and it was extremely quiet. Since it was one of the less expensive hotels in Cortina's center I was worried that the place would be dinghy, but it was actually very charming and comfortable. I loved the homey feeling, the art on the walls, the big comfortable bed. Room #6 even has a little bit of a view of the mountains!

The only big downside for me of this hotel is that they have one of those instant coffee machines at the breakfast. That was enough to make us feel we would never go back (we both travel to Italy a lot and LOVE the big cups of fresh cafe latter you get in many hotels in the morning. However, after the second day we discovered that you can ask the women who work there for a latte and they will make you a real one in a back room. This is priceless information for coffee lovers like us. Once we realized that we had no qualms at all about this place. The breakfasts were delicious with lots of options and you could grab some crackers or an apple for slopes, too.

The only other downside about room 6 is that it has a shower instead of a tub, and a tub would have been nice after a hard day on the slopes. But overall, a great experience.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Meuble Royal? Share your experiences!