“skiing with family” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 51 hotels in Cortina d'Ampezzo
Bovec, Slovenia
“skiing with family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We decided for skiing in Cortina. The hotel is in a good location which allows a short walk to the center. The rooms are a bit small but otherwise clean and well maintained with beautiful views of the surrounding and the ski area. The only thing that bothered me a bit is a small parking space for customers. In the main season can be a problem with parking. Very good ratio between price and quality.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights, used the hotel as a base for skiing the area. This is a small, family-run hotel, with well sized, individually decorated en-suite rooms. Great balconies (same size as room) on 2nd floor, with beautiful mountain views. Quiet. Well, located, down-town, with good access by car and free parking. 300 m walk to the Faloria gondola and 150 m to the bus station. One minute´s walk from the pedestrianised area. Good breakfast (for what one expects in Italy). A good area for storing skis and boots. The best part is however the attitude and kindness of the owner´s family and all staff. Very accommodating, helpful and eager to make the stay in Cortina as pleasant as possible. An added bonus was the very cosy and reasonable restaurant.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms have a large balcony. Although one would expect traffic noice on the side facing the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our family of four stayed just overnight here and while we encountered a bit of a stuffy attitude by the family staff members, overall the hotel is just right. We enjoyed a very good lunch at the restaurant and were lucky enough to have a bedroom for four on the top floor. We loved it! It was ozzing with Alpine charm. It was just right for our pass through lovely Cortina.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

we had a one night stay at this hotel. The owner was very pleasant and the rooms we were given were quite comfortable although not too clean. but the thing that outraged us was that on our arrival (because it was late in the evening and we had driven from Austria) noticing that they had a restaurant inquired. She (the owner) said because it was off-season the menu was limited.
we asked to see the menu and she said that if and when we came down to eat we'd see the menu then. We decided to eat at the hotel because we were very tired, and we and our friends, sat down to eat. We again asked to see the menu and were told that they had four items on the menu and we could order accordingly. We again asked for the menu and were told that the menu was irrelevant because so many items were unavailable. We ordered 3 appetizers and l filet steak and 3 pasts dishes and a bottle of sparkling mineral water. The waitress said that our room would be charged.

We weren't too concerned until the following morningg on asking for our bill we discovered that the charge was Euro 60!! On questioning the charge an extremely rude receptionist said that he couldn't do anything about the charge. We asked to speak to the owner and were told that she could only be contacted after midday!!!!! We pai because we were leaving early. We are hoteliers by profession and have never come across such behaviour! If you have to stay at this place just BEWARE! and don't attempt to contact the owner, if you have an enquiry.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
In Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

If you're using public transportation you can't get a better location. We had a corner room and I didn't think it was small at all. Rooms are very clean. I was taken aback by the shower head not being on the wall, so you had to sit in the tube and use a hand held to wash off. This might be because of the window location in the bathroom. Not sure if all rooms are like this. Our room also faced the street and it was quite loud at night. Breakfast was standard, (would have liked fresh cut fruit). The staff was polite except for one person working the main desk who either couldn't be bothered or didn't speak English well. I automatically assumed it was the English and didn't think much of it. What I loved most about our stay here was how quickly we could walk everywhere within moments and the lasagna.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has the shower head on the wall and not a hand-held type that forces you to sit...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Morristown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I disagree with the high reviews on this hotel for several reasons. First, I asked the staff questions on how to get to several hiking trails including a very popular one, the Cinque Torre, they did not know. Instead of trying to find out on how to get to the Cinque Torre, they looked at me in odd and demeaning way. I asked them how to get to Passo Giau, again they did not know but received very odd looks. I asked them more questions on tourist area on how to get there. I finally gave up on asking them questions on how to get to popular tourist attractions because it was clear they were not going to look up this information or help me. Then, they showed me the my room. The room was much smaller then what was perceived on the Internet. Ok, this happens. Then, the final straw was I asked the gentlemen at the front desk how to get to restaurant my friends said was great. He said he thought it was around this one area. So, instead of finding out exactly where this restaurant was and giving me specific directions, he said go that way but failed to show me on the map and did not advise me of a turn I needed to make at the bottom of the hill. So, needless to say, I went the wrong way, and never found the restaurant. This gentlemen should have showed me on the map and should have explained to me how to get there even if this meant he had to explain two to five times. But, things happen for a reason, I met some people along my travels in trying to find the restaurant i never found who saw I was a solo woman traveler upset and helped me get a room in a friendlier hotel in the area. I went back, got my bags, and stayed at a much friendlier hotel that knew tourist areas, good restaurants, and how to get there. I had a great stay at the Victoria Park Hotel. This hotel did refund my monies.

Stayed June 2013
HotelCornelio C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cornelio, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear,

thank you for your visit.
Our receptionist was born in Cortina d'Ampezzo and so he knows very well all the hiking trails including the Cinque Torri one and all the useful information about Cortina and Dolomiti more in general. Our staff is always polite and kind with all our guests and for that reason your claims are unreliable for us.

We hope to have you back soon in our Hotel to taste the "real" Hotel Cornelio

All the best
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

For our trip to visit Giro d'Italia hotel Cornelio was ideal! Great location, wide range of food for breakfast, tasty dinner. The rooms are small but very comfortable. All hotel is very stylish and cozy.
The staff was so friendly and very helpful. Thanks to Danilo for warm welcoming :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HotelCornelio C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cornelio, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear MartinaK954,

thank you so much for your kindly words! We're glad you enjoy our rooms and our food.

Hope to see you soon.

Kindly,

Hotel Cornelio

Been to Hotel Cornelio? Share your experiences!