“A GREAT place for the right people” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Impero to your Saves list
Hotel Impero
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   Via Cesare Battisti 66, 32043 Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy   |
Corvara in Badia, Italy
“A GREAT place for the right people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many, many times and always have loved it - the Ghedina family that runs the hotel are wonderful and they are a delight. The location is super close to the center of town - though typical of many Italian towns and hotels the road noise can be annoying, though try and stay on the pedestrian corso and you will have similar problems from people out late at night and street cleaners early in the morning (let alone the "charming" bell tower early in the morning). The rooms are simple but clean and rustic. The bar is fantastic, breakfast simple but ample, and to me the whole vibe reminds me of times past in Kathmandu. If you are looking for luxury this is not your scene but if you are looking for a nice and inexpensive convenient place to stay and friendly people who know where to go and what to do in Cortina this is THE place! Luisa and Piedro make me feel like I am home whenever I stay here - and I will again and again.

Room Tip: Choose the street side if you want a view of the mountains but with some noise from the street, or t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Our family spent two nights in August, 2013 in this well run hotel, centrally located in Cortina d'Ampezzzo. Piero and Lisa, the owners, welcomed us warmly and provided us with excellent advice for touring the area.
The room was very quiet and comfortable, the bathroom was spacious and clean and the breakfast was superb.
We strongly recommend this hotel and we will certainly come back soon.

Room Tip: High floor, overlooking courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here after a Dolomites trek. It is convenient to the bus station and the town in general. Road can be a bit noisy. Pretty good breakfast buffet. Stayed in a double with a friend; highlight was a bathtub! Really appreciated after a week of refugios/mountain huts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My coming to this Hotel was very different from others- my husband bring my luggages in the morning ( very warm welcome from the sister he said ) and I arrive there in the afternoon. From the first moment Piero made me very welcome, my single room was excellent - minibar, bath and it was even not on the street side ( room 51 ) - very quiet room with a nice view to the walking street and to the mountains. I was even happily surprised for the small pillow since I can´t sleep with a big pillow-which is usually in the most of the hotels.

Breakfast was basic ( with lovely warm croissant ! ) but they got me special milk and yougurt during my stay - that was very very pleasant surprise ! Grazie mille !

Overall, I can highly recommend this hotel - only few minutes from shops and restaurants, 5 minutes from the bus station, 5- 8 minutes from the nearest cablecar. Short walking everywhere - great for hiking, shopping, relaxing or even having via ferratas/iron paths. Fast free internet connection is also a big + .

I thank you for all the staff - gentleman in the breakfast room ( sorry, don´t know his name ), sister at the reception, mother at the breakfast room - always smiling and making my every breakfast perfect ! ( I just loved her small little white dog .. ) - and my very special thank you for Piero - thank you for making my every hiking/ferrata day even more special than I felt they were.

I think all the clients can get the very special feeling of welcome at this small cosy Hotel - I can highly recommend this for all !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Touring Europe on motorbike and arrived in Cortina with no accommodation booked. Tourist office suggested Hotel Impero based on my requirments. There was a large secure basement garage for motorbike. The double bedroom on third floor was big with large balcony to sit, relax and take in view of the Dolomites. The bathroom was large and appeared to have been refitted. All was very clean. The hotel wifi worked very well even on third floor. Breakfast was croissant, cereals, yoghurt and choice of hot drinks. However what really makes this hotel special is the service! Piero went that extra yard to make my wife and I feel welcome. Because of my experience I would certainly visit again. Thank you Piero

• Stayed July 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The family-run Hotel Impero provides for a wonderul base for skiing the Dolomites. The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the Corso Italia and Piazza Roma, making it really convenient for enjoying the town and for getting to the slopes. The Ghedinas are wonderful hosts - always welcoming and friendly and incredibly helpful. The clean, comfortable rooms have lovely balconies and the upper rooms have stunning views of the surrounding mountains. This was our sixth stay and we will be back again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed only one night. the place had all I needed: hot shower, fast internet and a nice bed. the man at the reception gave me many helpful tips and helped me plan the next day's trip.
breakfast was OK. to sum it up - a very good value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Impero? Share your experiences!