“Great Food -” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Toronto, Ontario
“Great Food -”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We ate at Bocoon Divino last night and the food was amazing. Their seafood is prepared with the utmost care. The dishes are well presented and the menu is very unique. I would definitely eat their again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Seafood at its best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

If you don't like fish and seafood stay away, because in this small place you can find a selection of seasonal fishes cooked in the best possible way.

The food is nicely prepared and very tasty. The owner, Mr. Oriano, is kind, attentive and can recommend the perfect wine to pair with your dish.

Don't forget to leave room for the desserts, because they are very gnummy. ;)

Book in advance, this place is small and it is always fully booked.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fantastico !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011 via mobile

The kindest people & superb creative cuisine --- # 1 in Chiavari

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“A very good restaurant in a pleasant town.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Yet another establishment that made such a favourable impression the first visit, (Saturday), we returned.
Boccon Divino only had one outside table available on the night of our first visit. It wasn’t the best of tables, being next to a high partition ‘wall’. Not that the view would have been much had the partition been made of glass. The church across the road is being renovated and all you could see was scaffolding. So it wasn’t the most auspicious of starts.
The staff were uniformly friendly, with the head waiter speaking some English and his young assistant hardly any. No worries, as I speak a little Italian and know most food terms. The menu is short and concise, with an emphasis on seafood.
We were given two free appetisers, thin baked potato slices, topped with tomato and anchovy, which were very good. I then started with the raw fish platter, which was fresh, well presented and delicious. My wife went for the lobster and pineapple salad; very good indeed.
For the main course, my wife had prawn ravioli and I had the lobster pasta; both were totally excellent.
Desserts were also first rate, especially the zabaglione semifreddo – yum.
A bottle of local white wine and mineral water brought the bill to €82, which I thought excellent value.
The second night, (Monday), we booked and the place was less frenetic, so probably no need to book weekdays, in low season. This time we were presented with a kind of sour cream panna cotta as an “amuse bouche”, which tasted better than it sounds.
For starters, my wife had scallops, with wilted leeks and I had cuttlefish strips, in a sort of potato soup/stew. They did not match up to the appetisers of our first visit and were a little bland.
My wife chose spaghetti with fresh anchovy as her main course, whilst I had potato ravioli with a cheese and cream sauce, topped with shaved truffle. My wife’s pasta was very good, the potato ravioli less so. The sauce was extremely rich and didn’t (IMHO) marry with the truffles. I would have dressed the pasta in a simple butter sauce, or just a splash of good olive oil.
The first night we saw a local couple have an incredible grilled fish, which we asked for but it was unavailable. Instead, we went for the Ligurian style fish which was, once again, a bit bland.
I know where the fault lay, it lay with us for choosing to visit a fish restaurant on Monday; always a bad choice.
The desserts saved the day, with my wife once more going for the zabaglione semifreddo, whilst I had a rum ice cream, with coffee foam – both stupendous.
With a bottle of local white, mineral water and two glasses of passito dessert wine, the bill for the second night came to €110.
In conclusion, chose the correct night and the correct dish and you’ll eat like royalty.

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
toronto
“It's a high end profile restaurant, fashion food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

I mean, they are doing fine dining. The atmosphere is more rustic then fine, Just like many restaurants in the nearby Piedmont region. Excellent wine selection, old style decoration, fine cuisine. The result is very good even if prices are still a little too much from my personal point of you (90 Euros?). I can only say that on the menu the ingredients have always their specific descriptions and they sound like top DOP or whatever classification they use here. They sort of do experimental preparations like raviole with focacchia sauce (?)
I would go back but not on a weekly base. Special occasions.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere