“nothing fancy” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
“nothing fancy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were looking for somewhere to eat and had a look at the menu which was also in English ( helpful when your Italian is poor). Im not a fish lover but my partner is but there was also a good range of other dishes. We went in and there is nothing fancy about this restaurant but the food is excellent. Had a bottle of local red wine to accompany our meal. my partner had the mixed fish starter which he says was excellent and quite a plateful. I went for Tagiatelle Bolognaise for my main which was fantastic, best I've every tasted. Great, fresh, homemade food. Great value for money. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rome, Italy
“No pretences, just good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

For me already a good sign was that the place was full on a Tuesday winter afternoon.

We went to Cesenatico for a walk and found the place by chance. "San Marco" is a fish restaurant, though they have also meat dishes on the menu. We went for a bottle of still water, a bottle of the wine of the house, cozze alla marinara, cozze gratinate, then we shared a plate of grilled fish, for desert we took one tiramisu and one meringue, followed by 2 coffees. Total: 48 euro. A great deal for what you get - the food was fresh, tasty and well served.

Highly recommended!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Ristorante San Marco is a dozen paces from Cesenatico's fish market, and they're both right on the canal, where the fishing boats unload their morning's catch. We had a bit of everything--grilled, steamed, raw, deep-fried, steamed in wine (we were a large group and our guide had ordered for us). It is the best seafood I have had in my life. The freshness of the food and the skill with which it was prepared are unmatched, in my book. Service was efficient and unobtrusive.

When I return to Cesenatico--and I will--I will dine at Ristorante San Marco again and again.

Visited January 2012
Forli'
“The taste of the Fisherman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Cesenatico is one of the places you can eat the best fish of Italy and be sure that at 11.59 for lunch either 18.59 for dinner San Marco Restaurant is the first place to be fully booked

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere