“Spend a little on the basics please” 3 of 5 stars

Albergo Centrale
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Regina 39, 22012 Cernobbio, Italy   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cernobbio
Ireland
“Spend a little on the basics please”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Okay, it's a 3-star hotel in the Lake Como area, Cernobbio specifically. It's clean and functional. However, I do think the management should get TWO bedside lights, one for each side of the bed. Also, the air conditioning seemed timed to cut out after 20 mins, which meant that you had to get out of bed to put it on again. This kind of cheese-paring in the high season when it's warm and humid is unnecessary. Good points? The excellent evening dinner served outside in the garden at the front. Breakfast, on the other hand was too basic. Hard boiled eggs were cold. No bacon or cold slices, dryish bread rolls, poor coffee and poor tea. Not a memorable breakfast. Got the feeling that management were continually expecting doom from customers, or complaints, and although I merely asked to have the air-con left so that we could have it on as we wished, which they sorted out, I did not find it particularly hospitable. We were also kept awake by chat from the garden restaurant at night, which rattled on to the middle of the night sometimes. Would I stay there again or recommend it? No.

Room Tip: Back of hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ALBERGO_CENTRALE, Direttore at Albergo Centrale, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear friend, I am sorry that you found the problems in our hotel, I try to figure out with you what's worked:
- Light on each side of the bed?
all our rooms have bedside tables on each side of the bed and the bedside lamp Soprea you are, I do not know what type of problem you've had, I hope you Riseca to tell me so I'm going to solve it:
- Air conditioning?
The air conditioner is free of charge and is managed by the guests because autonomanente in iogni rooms there is a control panel to adjust the temperature and decide the switching on and stop
-Breakfast:
Our breakfast is buffet type, that does not mean hot dishes (eggs, becon, etc.), but we decided to give our guests the hard-boiled eggs, many prefer the cold and want to warm the other, to all of our guests say always ask the restaurant staff, who will be happy to accommodate your requests extra in our breakfast we always give our best, coffee, tea, fruit juices, croissants, homemade cakes, fresh bread, biscuits, honey, jam, chocolate, milk, yogurt, corn flacks, puffed rice, cheese, ham, and you can decide how much you want volteservirvi the cappucciono or coffee or whatever.
Restaurant:
I'm glad that you enjoyed dining on the terrace, and as you have many other guests dined on the terrace, but as you talk during dinner they also speak, but the restaurant closes at midnight and after that there are no other people.

I hope avre the opportunity to host it again with us, so will have the possibility to ascertain the truthfulness of the things that I said.

One last thing:
Appreciation to our hotel are always many, of course, there are also complaints but does not seem to me that the guests of the hotel are on the verge of complaining all the time, rather .......

See you soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed here for one night and we were thoroughly impressed. The front desk was very helpful and the room was clean and cool. We were amazed at all the lakefront estates all around here and we were grateful to find a reasonable hotel. We walked down to the lake and took the 10 minute boat ride in to Como for lunch and sightseeing. It was great to leave the car behind.

I'm confident we will find an opportunity to return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Friend....THANK YOU about your wonderful review!!!! our hotel want to be it for our guests, a comfortable hotel in a good position to do some tour all around the lake Como region, the thing I really appreciate in your review is that the person in the desk it was helpfull, that is most import thing for the tourist who come here, have the most information as possible to decide which is the best thing to do here . I hope to have the possibility to meet you in your next trip in Lake Como Area.

Have a nice day.

Minturn, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Park your car here, right next to the Cernobbio lakefront, and enjoy your Lake Como experience! I was traveling with my wife, 8 year old daughter and mother in law, and we were comfortable in a three bed room, where we had a great balcony overlooking the town park and a HUGE bathroom.

The breakfast was fantastic, and the front courtyard on the main street very welcoming and comfortable. We were very happy with the ability to walk the main drag right out of our hotel, and went to the lakefront multiple times to enjoy the local life. We ate an Italian pizza at the lakeshore restaurant and walked among the locals in the evening.

In the morning, we took at cruise on the lake to the little picturesque towns up from Cernobbio and then came back - I remember it being incredibly reasonable. Like $7 Euro to take a 30 min or so Lake Como ride.

Try Albergo Centrale - it was great for a quick stop in Cernobbio!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ALBERGO_CENTRALE, Direttore at Albergo Centrale, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear friend, thank you to give us your wonderful review!!! you shoot on the target!!! this is what I think that our guests must appreciate about our location and our hotel, a good place to stop for a few days and have the possibility to visit our lake and his beauties!!! very easy to do and you do not need the car because the public harbor is at 100mt far away from our hotel and if you want in 10min by boat you are in the centre of Como, the biggest city near us, with a lot of thing to see and to do.

I hope to have the possibility to have you and your family again at hotel Centrale!!!

take care

Walsall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed with two friends for one night. We pre-booked a room for 3 and were a little worried when the first room they show us had a large double bed and a sofa bed. however, when we explained that we booked 3 separate beds we were shown to another part of the hotel. The room was nice and quiet, the beds were comfy and the bathroom was adequate.
Breakfast was included in the price and it was all very good value for money.
The staff were friendly and helpful

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
thank you dear friend!!!! and thank you to give us a great review!!!! I tell you that the 3 bed room is with 1 king size bed and 1 single bed or 3 separate bed and if we do not receive any information from the guest normally we give the room with 1 king size bed+1 single bed, in your case we have the possibility to move you in the 4 bedroom who have normally 1 kingsize bed and 2 separate beds, I tell you this only because I think is correct to give at my client the correct information.

I'm waiting for you here again.

Barga, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We've been looking for years fo a place to stop over when we travel from Luxembourg to Tuscany. Now I can say we found it. This hotel is only a few minutes drive away from the motorway in Chiasso. In the center of Cernobbio, on the Como lake. Good size room, view on the square, no noise, TV, wifi, clean, cosy, comfortable. The staff is friendly. There's a romantic restaurant in the cantina, and breakfast is up to Italian standards. The good surprise is the price: 79 EUR for the two of us, breakfast included. And there is a private car park. The only thing this place does not have is: a view on the lake. We'll come back here every time we pass thru Como/Chiasso.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Morning and happy Easter, sorry if I answer so late!!!

Thank you to your wonderful review and I'm happy that you have found our hotel for your stopover during your trip, I it will be a pleasure to welcoming you again, just one thing only for correctness, the price that we have give to you was a special price but during the high season the price is different, but anyway next time you want to come in novembre write us an e-mail and tell that you have spoke with me about the price.

have a nice day
Worcestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a typical old fashioned type of hotel which is a rare find these days. Although it is over 100 years old, the bedrooms are light and fresh, with comfortable beds and bedding and the bathroom was very spacious and well equipped with two minor exceptions - no soap holder in the shower and the hair dryer was on the wall opposite the mirror necessitating some acrobatics to dry hair using the mirror.
There is no lift, so ask for a lower floor if that is a problem. Help was offered with luggage.
The hotel was very cosy on a very wet weekend and the management and staff were very professional and informative. The hotel was very clean. WIFI broke down the weekend we were there, but management were soon on to it and it was apparently caused by the storms at the time.
The cold breakfast buffet was excellent quality and range. We had one evening meal which was very good value and the restaurant was lively. There is also a cellar restaurant, which we did not try but it is open on Sundays and was obviously popular with locals. There is an outside terrace for summer months.
Parking was very easy at the rear of the property and very safe. The lounge bar area/ reception was a bit small and limited for seating in bad weather.
The hotel is located within a few minutes walk of the lake and in the centre for all facilities: banks, shops, restaurants etc.
We had a room at the back, which was very quiet, but probably there would be some traffic noise at the front of the property as it is a main road. We shall certainly return.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back proibably quieter but not so nice a view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ALBERGO_CENTRALE, Direttore at Albergo Centrale, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
thank you for your great review, sometimes when I answer at the reviews I see the differences between the clients and I know that is impossible to satisfy each of them, but when I see the review like this I know that we are in the correct way to try to give the best services to all our guests. I'm very happy that we have find all the bests characteristics of our hotel and our wonderful lake. hope to see you here again in your next holidays.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a classic small older European hotel and we enjoyed our one night here. Our family of three stayed in a basic, clean, fairly quiet triple room. The room was very small with a queen and a single bed with very little space between the two and very little room for our luggage. The bathroom, on the other hand, was quite large. The air conditioning was adequate, however the outside temperature was moderate when we were there and if it had been hot we suspect the air conditioning wouldn’t have kept up to keep us cool. The person at the reception desk was friendly. The free wifi worked smoothly, a separate code is required for each device. The breakfast spread was basic, but good. The free parking is in an open lot at the back of the hotel, which was easy to access. We enjoyed Cernobbio and it was a short walk from the hotel to beautiful Lake Como. We took the ferry up the lake to Argegno for an afternoon and loved the trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ALBERGO_CENTRALE, Direttore at Albergo Centrale, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
dear friend, thank you for your review, as I said in my answer to the previous review, I know that our rooms are not very spacious, but our hotel is an old villa and There is not much space to enlarge the rooms, but I'm glad that you been able to appreciate the beauty of our lake, and check the courtesy of our staff, I hope to see you here again with your family.

thanks again for your review, it helps us to improve.

good weekend

Been to Albergo Centrale? Share your experiences!