We booked in for a week into a junior suite with a "full frontal" lake view but stayed 5 night/6 days because of poor weather.
From the moment we arrived we were greeted by Mossimo the GM who appeared to be everywhere and who together with his team looked after us like Maharajahs (Think Udaivillas by Oberoi).
Think Great Gatsby/Hampton's and you get the idea of the ambience of the place. Stunning location (If you can afford it definitely pay the extra and get the lake view as that is what you are here for)-We were in room 559 which levitated above the lake but was smaller than 217 which our friends stayed at but definitely had a better view than 217.
The food at breakfast and the Verandah restaurant were top notch. Try to make it for the 4th of July celebrations which were amazing not least of which was for the fireworks!!
Wonderful break in spite of some bad weather days thanks to the hotel and most importantly its most welcoming staff.
We booked through Virtuoso which gave us a free meal (worth for us about 300 euros as we stayed 5 nights and also a free minibar-yes including alcohol!-replenished daily) so you may wish to explore this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the splendor, the grandeur, the intrigue and the magic of Villa d'Este- an opulent hotel overlooking glorious Lake Como. Hailed as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and Forbes Traveler, this famous resort destination has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable décor and extraordinary hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LHW, Expedia, Orbitz and Otel so you can book your Villa d'Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa d`Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Hotel d Este
- d Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa Deste Lake Como
- Villa D'Este Lake Como/Cernobbio, Italy