Everything about this hotel exudes old style class. The setting, the buildings, the decor, the bars, the dinning rooms, the bedrooms, the suites, the staff........and the food, as the locals say..Madonna!!
Really this is one for the bucket list if you have not been there. Everything is just perfect.....Oh, ok...... one slight niggle about the room service, which is a little limited. We were enjoying ourselves so much we thought we would spring for a super treat and picked up the phone in the expectation of a soon to arrive trolley laden with caviar and vodka, and strawberries and champagne. I was stunned that they did not have caviar on room service!
I had got over the disappointment by the next morning and a leisurely cruise around the lake followed by a delicious lunch on an island left the caviar a distant memory...Until late that night again! What is it about things one just can't have?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the splendor, the grandeur, the intrigue and the magic of Villa d'Este- an opulent hotel overlooking glorious Lake Como. Hailed as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and Forbes Traveler, this famous resort destination has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable décor and extraordinary hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa d'Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa d`Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Hotel d Este
- d Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa Deste Lake Como
- Villa D'Este Lake Como/Cernobbio, Italy