The Villa d'Este is a truly magnificent property on the shores of Lake Como, Italy with it's own suspended swimming pool which is unique in itself. The staff are so well trained in hospitality, are always friendly and welcoming. We stayed in the Queen's Pavillion with views of Como in the distance and overlooking the suspended pool.
The gardens are magnificent, the choice of restaurants varies from casual to elegant. Watching steam ferries travelling the lake from Como, Cernobbio and onto Bellagio is entertaining and a rare sight.
It's like stepping back into history but with all modern amenities and facilities one could ask for. It's been three years since our visit because we are always travelling and stay in other beautiful properties but Villa d'Este together with Hotel du Palais, Biarritz, France are our favourite European hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the splendor, the grandeur, the intrigue and the magic of Villa d'Este- an opulent hotel overlooking glorious Lake Como. Hailed as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and Forbes Traveler, this famous resort destination has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable décor and extraordinary hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, LHW, Expedia, Travelocity, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Villa d'Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa d`Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Hotel d Este
- d Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa Deste Lake Como
- Villa D'Este Lake Como/Cernobbio, Italy