My visit this time was during the fall season and just a few weeks away from the hotel closing for the winter, and what a wonderful time for a visit if you like to have the place to yourself. There was a group from a well known financial institution conferencing there, and I am guessing it was a end-of year celebration for the best of the best financial analysts!
This late in the season we were able to have a lakefront junior suite for an amazing price, a room we would not even consider during the summer season for the reasons of price and availability. Our room was literally fit for a king with two balconys overlooking the lake and main entrance to the Cardinal building. The decor was VERY old world - red velvet, silk, and brocade, with gold leaf and chandeliers everywhere, not really my style, but it was certainly like living in another world - a fantasy world. The bathroom was floor to ceiling black and white marble.
We enjoyed most of our meals in the two dining rooms mainly for convenience, in addition to not wanting to leave this beautiful location. You will find a few restaurants just a short walk into town, with a couple of shops here and there, but you will find that you just want to sit and stare at the lake or explore the lovely grounds. We enjoyed the walking trails behind the hotel, which includes a full spa facility and indoor tennis courts. The chef's garden was delightful as well, and with "fall in the air" the landscape was beautiful as well. The weather was in the high 50s and perfect for exploring.
I am looking forward to my next visit!
- Also Known As:
- Villa d`Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa d`Este Hotel
- Hotel d Este
- d Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa Deste
- Villa d Este
- Villa Deste Lake Como
- Villa D'Este Lake Como/Cernobbio, Italy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the splendor, the grandeur, the intrigue and the magic of Villa d'Este- an opulent hotel overlooking glorious Lake Como. Hailed as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and Forbes Traveler, this famous resort destination has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable décor and extraordinary hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels, Expedia, LHW, Otel, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Villa d'Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.