“Staff nice; owners Chilly” 4 of 5 stars

You added Albergo Ristorante Giardino to your Saves list
Albergo Ristorante Giardino
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Regina, 73, 22012 Cernobbio, Italy   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cernobbio
“Staff nice; owners Chilly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

For the price, I think this is a fine place ---- rooms are very clean, well equipped and one room even has a lovely private balcony/patio facing the quiet hillsides.

The breakfast is ample and front desk and breakfast staff is very nice and helpful. However, if you think a pleasant hello from the owners is a must when you are in the hospitality business, then this isn't the place for you. On each occasion I encountered the owners they couldn't be bothered with even a smile, preferring to wave a young staffer over to take care of me.

That said, I think it's a fine place to stay and I would consider eating dinner elsewhere for better quality.

• Stayed September 2012
Roberta C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Albergo Ristorante Giardino, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,
even if you gave us a good score I understand there is something was wrong during your stay in our Hotel.
I am very sorry if you have had a bad feeling about our management. I think it was only a misunderstanding... if you will choose our Hotel again for your stay I am sure you will change your mind. Usually the Hotel Manager leaves us the space to interact with guests for our experience and to improve ourselves.
I think I took care of you, madame, and I hope to see you again. I apologize for your bad impression.
Best Regards,

Roberta Colletta
Albergo Ristorante Giardino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Strasbourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

The hotel was extremely accommodating to our party of 2 adults and 2 infants (1 year and 3 years).

The room was somewhat crapped however this due to the insertion of a playpen (no cribs) for the youngest to sleep in and the fact that there is no elevator so they provided us with a room on the 1st floor. They kindly let us store our 2 strollers in the Manager's office when we were onsite.

Well located albeit on a very busy road with very little sidewalk. However lakeside is just a 5 minute stroll and closed to traffic which has everything a young family could wish for: park, gellateria, pizzeria, bar and access to transport boats. The carousel ride was the highlight of our 3-year olds' trip and the attendant was wonderful to us!

Expected a meager Italian breakfast however surprised to discover that an array of products were available: rolls, juice, cereal, coldcuts, cheese, yogurt, fruit and hot beverages. Plenty to ensure the children were well fed. There is a beautiful garden restaurant but we didn't have the opportunity to test it.

Nice to see the hotel hasn't changed over the years when I used to stay during my "single" days.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
ScotinCzech
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Staff extremely friendly, service in the garden restaurant excellent and fast. Food made exactly to my requirements to avoid allergies of certain ingredients. Room comfortable, but avoid a room overlooking the garden, late-night diners can make a lot of noise. No lift, so heavy suitcases could be a problem. Watch when leaving the hotel as there is a two-way road within one metre, one minute one way and the next the other way, you have to be careful which way you look. easy access to the square and the boat across the lake. Not worth paying the very high prices asked in some of the bigger hotels; many of them are shabby inside, with outdated furniture, mediocre food and rude staff. As with all of this area, parking a private car is almost impossible.

Room Tip: ask for one not overlooking the rear garden
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Como, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

Second time in this Hotel and maybe should have learned my lesson. This place thrives on unexpecting tourists- where else will you find Coperto Charge @ 2.5 per person plus Service Charge at 15% !!. I challenged the bill and was told it was a "mistake" and the manager rudely took the bill off me ansd handed me a refund of the coperto charge of €10. Funny the till has the charge built in - why pay through the nose for poor service, mediocre food - the is plently of other real restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

I chose this hotel because of the economical price. It was worth it. It is a short walk to the boat dock and the lovely public lakeside space. The breakfast was sparse with just bread, butter and jam, coffee and juice, no protein if one needs that to get going in the morning. The hotel has a beautiful inner garden area and an excellent restaurant situated in the garden area. No elevator. Staying in Cernobbio added extra boat trips to my daily outings which I thoroughly enjoyed. The people in the hotel were friendly and helpful. The room was small but I found it to be enough for one person.
There are excellent restaurants in Cernobbio. Being in Cernobbio gave an added dimension to a vacation on Lake Como.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to Albergo Ristorante Giardino? Share your experiences!