Today we left, Borgo Pietrafitta - it was our third stay there and we thoroughly enjoyed being there. The location is great - offering spectacular views of the picturesque landscape of Tuscany. Of course, a vehicle is a must... Many charming little towns can be easily visited within 10 mins of driving. Larger towns, e.g. Sienna are easily reached by car. Reasonably priced restaurants, offering typical cuisine of this delightful area, are also within easy reach. In particular, we enjoyed meals at La Piazza restaurant. The food was great, even though, at times, the service was not so impressive!
The accommodation is rustic...very suitable for the area. Perhaps more powerful globes for light, would offer more comfortable lighting in the rooms, especially in the bathrooms. Bathrooms can also benefit with more hooks for hanging bath towels, especially if there are two or more people occupying the apartments. Phone and Internet connection, can present a problem - having to acquire these services only outside the Reception area, BUT after all, Pietrafitta is in the country not in a large city. May be housekeeping services, should be offered to those staying a minimum of one week - once a week would have been sufficient to freshen-up the rooms, even though there was no problem with cleanliness inside or outside this place.
Overall, Pietrafitta is a lovely place for a peaceful stay in the Castellina in Chianti area and would definitely appreciate the opportunity of staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borgo di Pietrafitta is situated in the heart of Chianti, between Florence (48 km) and Siena (20 km), in the most beautiful part of Tuscany lying 600 m above sea level, overlooking the amazing Chianti rolling hills. All 15 apartments, recently renovated, welcome travellers to soak in the reassuring charm of tradition that the region provides. We offer you a selection of different apartments: - Small units: self-catering apartments for 2/3 people composed of a living room with fireplace and kitchenette or kitchen, 1 double room, bathroom and equipped with private garden.- Medium units: self-catering apartments for 4/5 people composed of a living room with or without fireplace, kitchenette or kitchen and two double bedrooms. Some of the apartments either offer two bathrooms or equipped private patio. - Large units: self-catering apartments for 5/6 people composed of a large living room with fireplace, kitchen, two double bedrooms, two bathrooms and equipped private garden.All apartments have a private entrance and modern facilities like SAT-TV, washing machine, dishwasher, oven, microwave oven, heating, coffee machine, telephone and fireplace (in select units). Outdoor services: infinity pool with a terrific view over the valley, a private parking place and barbecue area. Other facilities (additional charges apply): bike rental, cooking classes, Vespa tour, wine tours with driver and local wine/oil tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Venere, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Despegar.com so you can book your Borgo di Pietrafitta Relais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo Di Pietrafitta Relais Hotel Castellina In Chianti
- Borgo Di Pietrafitta Relais Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany