The hotel is a grand building in the main street of the old town of Castellina. Vehicle access is limited; you need to park just outside the restricted area to pick up a permit from reception which entitles you to drive into the street at certain times to load and unload. There is private parking around the back which you will be directed to; there are a lot of steps up to the hotel from this!
Breakfast was the best we had on this trip, with a wide selection of bread, cakes, cold meat, cheese, fresh fruit and yogurt.
The spa is free to use, and towels are provided without charge. It was nice to have it to ourselves on a wet day!
Rooms at the back have rural views although apparently these are not available when booking through Booking.com because they are all superior rooms. Therefore despite expressing a preference for a rural view we had been allocated a front street view; however, they did manage to find us a smaller standard room at the rear with a partial rural view. To be fair, the front room was huge and included a sofa; however it was rather dark because of the low windows, and as we were staying for three nights we particularly wanted a rural outlook.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Hotel Castellina In Chianti
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Castellina In Chianti
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Hotel
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the historical center of Castellina in Chianti, you will find the 15th century Palazzo Squarcialupi. In the past, the Palace was a noble residence with agricultural activity and has recently been restored to become the Hotel Palazzo Squarcialupi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Palazzo Squarcialupi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.