Our family really enjoyed our three night stay at Hotel Albergo Palazzo Squarcialupi. The hotel feels like you are a guest staying at a grand manor, with its sprawling layout, cozy lounges, picturesque terraces and beautiful grounds. It is easy to find, though the narrow street with cafes and stores spilling on to it make navigating to the front door tricky for those not used to driving in Italy. Our family of four stayed in two rooms. The adults were in a very spacious, well air-conditioned, standard superior room with a gorgeous view of the valley. The teenagers had a standard room on the side of the building with a view of the courtyard and partial view of the valley. It was much smaller but its unique slanted, beam and tiled ceiling and two windows made it charming and cheerful. The rooms had a refrigerator and safe and wi-fi was available in the hotel’s common areas. The grounds were well kept and relaxing by the pool overlooking the valley was a highlight. The staff was friendly and eager to provide quality service. On our morning of departure they went out of their way to secure a bottle of wine for us that we had just discovered on our last night in Tuscany. We found for a relatively short stay – three nights – being in a town like Castellina in Chianti offered the right mix of Tuscan charm without the isolation of staying in a private villa. There are several delis, gift shops, wine shops and restaurants to explore. After shopping in San Gimignano and Sienna, I would definitely recommend the pottery from Pep Bizzarie for quality and price. We enjoyed our meals at Tre Porte and Antica Trattoria La Torre. If we are fortunate to return to Tuscany – we would definitely stay at this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Hotel Castellina In Chianti
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Castellina In Chianti
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Hotel
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the historical center of Castellina in Chianti, you will find the 15th century Palazzo Squarcialupi. In the past, the Palace was a noble residence with agricultural activity and has recently been restored to become the Hotel Palazzo Squarcialupi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Palazzo Squarcialupi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.