We stayed at the Salivolpi Hotel in Castellina for four nights. The hotel is lovely, very attractive exterior buildings, well kept garden and pool; lots of parking, The rooms were a good size with homely décor, good air conditioning, great shower; we were very pleased with our room. Breakfast was an extra charge of 7 euros each per day but well worth it, nice buffet of food and drinks; set in a pretty little out house. The best thing about the hotel is its wonderful staff, very welcoming and always polite and friendly. Very knowledgeable about the local area, surrounding areas and all tourist activities to try- they spilled over with enthusiasm. We took on lots of their suggestions and were always pleased with our trips out. The highlight of our trip was we got engaged, as the staff were so friendly they were the first people we told. They were so happy for us and joined in our excitement, we always got hugs each time we walked through the reception, they were so thrilled with our news. So we would like to say an extra thank you to Silvia and Simone, on reception, who made so much effort to make our stay wonderful and they succeeded. Memorable stay at the Salivolpi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salivolpi is an old farmhouse from 1400, situated on the hill where stood the ancient Etruscan Castellina, the old town of Castellina in Chianti is in walking distance. Surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and cypress trees, enjoy a panorama that sweeps over the valley, from Monteriggioni to San Gimignano. The hotel is about 20 minutes from Siena, 30 from Florence and San Gimignano. Our rooms with authentic decor in rustic Tuscan style, with wrought iron beds and wooden beams, are equipped with air conditioning, private bathroom, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, Wi-Fi and a minibar. A cozy breakfast room, a large garden, swimming pool and parking available for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, T4B, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salivolpi Hotel Castellina In Chianti
- Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany