My husband and I spent two weeks in Italy celebrating our 5th anniversary, and three nights were spend in Hotel Salivolpi. What a lovely stay in the middle of our tour of Italy! We wish we could have stayed longer; and if we come to Italy again, we will probably focus our stay in Tuscany... and we would very likely stay at Hotel Salivolpi again. It was delightful.
Silvia at the front desk was welcoming and helpful, the room was clean, comfortable, and air-conditioned, and although the shower in our room was very small (I'm sure other rooms have bigger showers), all in all we felt very comfortable. The buildings and grounds (a 1600s farmhouse-turned-B&B) are authentic and beautiful. The garden in the back was so peaceful; it backs to the bar in the main building where we were able to enjoy some refreshment, and the terrace there overlooks a lovely lawn with trees and flowers. The pool, fenced in and off to the side, looked inviting but we didn't have the time to swim. We did take advantage of their 7-euro-per-person breakfast one morning; they had a wide selection of food including pastries, boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, etc. It was fine; but the other mornings we opted to breakfast at a cafe in town where we enjoyed cappuccinos and amazing pastries.
The town of Castellina in Chianti, a 10-minute walk or a 1-minute drive, is an absolute gem. Among all of our experiences in Italy (which included Rome, Florence, Venice, Cinque Terre, and Pisa), Castellina in Chianti was our favorite. We loved the quaint charm, amazingly good restaurants, and, of course, fabulous wine. We even were able to enjoy a free evening choral concert held in the local church. And the surrounding countryside is quintessentially Tuscan. We loved, loved, loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salivolpi is an old farmhouse from 1400, situated on the hill where stood the ancient Etruscan Castellina, the old town of Castellina in Chianti is in walking distance. Surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and cypress trees, enjoy a panorama that sweeps over the valley, from Monteriggioni to San Gimignano. The hotel is about 20 minutes from Siena, 30 from Florence and San Gimignano. Our rooms with authentic decor in rustic Tuscan style, with wrought iron beds and wooden beams, are equipped with air conditioning, private bathroom, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, Wi-Fi and a minibar. A cozy breakfast room, a large garden, swimming pool and parking available for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Venere and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salivolpi Hotel Castellina In Chianti
- Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany