The Salivolpi is a lovely hotel, well situated for exploring the region, and excellent value. Our bedroom (which was located above the breakfast room) was small but charming, with a comfortable bed, a dressing room/walk-in closet, and a surprisingly large, nicely appointed bathroom. Ample breakfast (extra cost of 7 Euros per person); friendly, helpful, multi-lingual staff; well maintained grounds and pool; free WiFi (that actually works!). A bit of traffic noise, which was a surprise, but not problematic. Castellina is a quaint, small town with some good restaurants, several of which have arrangements with the hotel for discounts. Very glad we stayed there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salivolpi is an old farmhouse from 1400, situated on the hill where stood the ancient Etruscan Castellina, the old town of Castellina in Chianti is in walking distance. Surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and cypress trees, enjoy a panorama that sweeps over the valley, from Monteriggioni to San Gimignano. The hotel is about 20 minutes from Siena, 30 from Florence and San Gimignano. Our rooms with authentic decor in rustic Tuscan style, with wrought iron beds and wooden beams, are equipped with air conditioning, private bathroom, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, Wi-Fi and a minibar. A cozy breakfast room, a large garden, swimming pool and parking available for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salivolpi Hotel Castellina In Chianti
- Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany