This was our first trip to Tuscany. The hotel was truly picturesque. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect; close enough to the villages and cities such as Sienna and Florence, but far enough away that the ambience was truly peaceful and quiet. If you stay here a car is a must. The rooms are very nice. We peeked in another room, and were impressed with that room as well as ours. The dinner was delicious and served on a beautiful outdoor patio. We watched the World Cup Soccer match with other guests in the common room; it was quite fun. The included breakfast was adequate. We ate on a different outdoor patio overlooking the pool and a vineyard. Lastly, the pool was great.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. It is quiet and peaceful, but close to many different villages and activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Belvedere di San Leonino is situated near the 11th century church of the same name and surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, cypress trees and woods. Located in the heart of the Chianti region, the land of the famous Black Rooster wine, it has a splendid 360° panorama stretching from Siena to Monteriggioni, San Gimignano and Volterra over the Elsa valley. Siena is approximately 15 minutes away, Florence and San Gimignano 50 minutes, the Tyrrhenian coast, Lucca and Pisa little more than an hour away. Many of our guests use Belvedere di San Leonino as a base for their daily trips to the coast, and Tuscany and Umbria's historical towns and museums. Others prefer to rest in the quiet and peaceful Tuscan hills here in all their famed beauty. Belvedere di San Leonino offers 29 rooms with authentic furniture in rustic tuscan style, terracotta floors and old beamed ceilings. Each room has a private bathroom, minibar, satellite TV and a dial-out telephone. A beautiful garden, large outdoor swimming pool in a panoramic position and private parking are available to guests. Our staff speaks English, German, French and Dutch. Arrivederci a Belvedere di San Leonino ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, T4B, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Belvedere Di San Leonino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Di San Leonino Hotel
- Hotel Belvedere Di San Leonino Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany