This is a fantastic place. We stayed only for one night, but we'll never forget it! The location is just outside Castellina in Chianti and the surrounding countryside is breath-taking. The staff is extremely friendly and everyone seems determined to make your stay as memorable as possible. We got upgraded to a superior bedroom without having to pay extra. The room was spacious and clean; all the toiletries - top quality. Food in the restaurant was excellent and the atmosphere very homely. A lady at the reception noticed that it was my birthday the following day and I got a bottle of wine from grapes grown in the vineyard as a birthday present! We are only sorry that we did not stay here for our entire stay. Siena and San Gimignano are very close and easy to drive to. If travelling around Tuscany, stay here - you won't regret it!
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Di San Leonino Hotel
- Hotel Belvedere Di San Leonino Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Belvedere di San Leonino is situated near the 11th century church of the same name and surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, cypress trees and woods. Located in the heart of the Chianti region, the land of the famous Black Rooster wine, it has a splendid 360° panorama stretching from Siena to Monteriggioni, San Gimignano and Volterra over the Elsa valley. Siena is approximately 15 minutes away, Florence and San Gimignano 50 minutes, the Tyrrhenian coast, Lucca and Pisa little more than an hour away. Many of our guests use Belvedere di San Leonino as a base for their daily trips to the coast, and Tuscany and Umbria's historical towns and museums. Others prefer to rest in the quiet and peaceful Tuscan hills here in all their famed beauty. Belvedere di San Leonino offers 29 rooms with authentic furniture in rustic tuscan style, terracotta floors and old beamed ceilings. Each room has a private bathroom, minibar, satellite TV and a dial-out telephone. A beautiful garden, large outdoor swimming pool in a panoramic position and private parking are available to guests. Our staff speaks English, German, French and Dutch. Arrivederci a Belvedere di San Leonino ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, T4B, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Escapio, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Hotel Belvedere Di San Leonino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.